TRADE THREAD III ~July 9 - July 15

Texsox

If the Marlins were in town looking at sox guys, bullpen is where they need the most help. Guys I could see them interested in would be Cotts, Vizcaino and Jenks.

Seeing how they only have one LHP in the pen, cotts would have to look very appealing to them [young, cheap and good].

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I disagree with you, remember after the first dray series how you told me the Twins would be in first place within a week????  You were wrong :P

Well Row, he is nuts like that, what do you expect????

to reiterate, chemistry is bulls*** and is the job of the manager and leaders of the team, the sox should do everything to make this team better including trading away any of there prospects for the right deal. Win now not later. Am I repeditive enough for you? Get omar visquel, Schmidt and whatever else you need. This team today is not good enough. And yes your views on Italian Beef are a bit over rated lately.

Unfortunately things like this cost more than just prospects. Sinking in yet?

Totally agree with win now, the opportunity is there, if you can get things done with just prospects, great. Trading only prospects usually doesn't interrupt the good vibe, it enhances it. Add to the chemistry, don't f*** it up. If you were in charge, this team would have been altered 19 times already this season ... bad approach.

So now you know.

Burnett Trade talks heat up

July 13

Miami Herald (registration required): "The Chicago White Sox are believed to be the team most aggressively pursuing the pitcher, who will become a free agent after the season. But the Baltimore Orioles have also renewed attempts to woo the Marlins, offering a package centered on reliever Jorge Julio, while the Toronto Blue Jays entered the sweepstakes this week."

------------------------------------------------------------------

the article doesn't say anything more about who the Sox would trade. though another FLA article mentioned a Marlins scout attended the A's series

Well if this is true and there's no reason to believe it isn't true, KW is going into aggresive mode again. It's just a matter of time. Again, Burnett is a guy with a different look ... unlike any of the other 5 currently in the rotation. Burnett is a true power pitcher. KW likes all his pitchers to have different looks, from that perspective it makes sense he's pursuing this guy.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 06:06 AM)
Well Row, he is nuts like that, what do you expect????

LOL Jim. I just disagree with him on the whole chemistry discussion so I just thought I'd bring that up. I respect his views just completely disagree.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)
If the Marlins were in town looking at sox guys, bullpen is where they need the most help. Guys I could see them interested in would be Cotts, Vizcaino and Jenks.

Seeing how they only have one LHP in the pen, cotts would have to look very appealing to them [young, cheap and good].

Cotts stays. If they want viz they can have him. The interesting name you mentioned is Jenks. As much as I love Jenks arm, for a guy like Burnett he'd be expendable. Beck, that really is a great point with Jenks, I could honestly see Bobby being the center piece of a deal for Burnett. Obviously they'd want more then Bobby but that could definitely be a start.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 06:19 AM)
Well if this is true and there's no reason to believe it isn't true, KW is going into aggresive mode again.  It's just a matter of time.  Again, Burnett is a guy with a different look ... unlike any of the other 5 currently in the rotation.  Burnett is a true power pitcher.  KW likes all his pitchers to have different looks, from that perspective it makes sense he's pursuing this guy.

I said this about Schimdt, if Kenny really wants Burnett he'll get him but that's jmo.

LOL Jim.  I just disagree with him on the whole chemistry discussion so I just thought I'd bring that up.  I respect his views just completely disagree.

You would get along great with him then, believe me, I know from experience.

:P

I said this about Schimdt, if Kenny really wants Burnett he'll get him but that's jmo.

Sox fans should be encouraged about a possible addition(s). There's too much smoke right now to have nothing going on.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:03 AM)
Sox fans should be encouraged about a possible addition(s).  There's too much smoke right now to have nothing going on.

I don't know when anything is going to happen but I feel pretty confident in saying something will happen.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Just because I disagree with you, remember after the first dray series how you told me the Twins would be in first place within a week????  You were wrong :P

Rowand I actaully was not posting this to you, but to your buddy JimH. Anyway, don't take me so seriously. I still mean what I say, but there is alot of read between the lines in what I post. And I am not done thinking the twins will be there. This will not be a cakewalk.

Yeah that's true but it might cost him Anderson, Cotts and McCarthy. You can basically get any player in baseball, with a few exceptions, but it might cost you a ton.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:08 AM)
Rowand I actaully was not posting this to you, but to your buddy JimH. Anyway, don't take me so seriously. I still mean what I say, but there is alot of read between the lines in what I post.  And I am not done thinking the twins will be there. This will not be a cakewalk.

quick, I was just giving you a hard time. Trust me, I've said all year that I'm not counting the Twins out, I think they're a great team and that they'll get into the playoffs one way or another. BUT, you did tell me in early May that the Twins would be in first place within a week, so for that you recieve one of these :nono :P

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:17 AM)
Unfortunately things like this cost more than just prospects.  Sinking in yet?

Totally agree with win now, the opportunity is there, if you can get things done with just prospects, great.  Trading only prospects usually doesn't interrupt the good vibe, it enhances it.  Add to the chemistry, don't f*** it up.  If you were in charge, this team would have been altered 19 times already this season ... bad approach.

So now you know.

Not true but I would not worry about hurting the boys feelings. Boo hoo, cry babies. I would indeed agressively pursue Visquel and schmidt and Ryan Freel

Edited by quickman

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
quick, I was just giving you a hard time.  Trust me, I've said all year that I'm not counting the Twins out, I think they're a great team and that they'll get into the playoffs one way or another.  BUT, you did tell me in early May that the Twins would be in first place within a week, so for that you recieve one of these :nono  :P

I remember, want another one...Indians will take three of four and this board will be clamoring for a trade.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)
I remember, want another one...Indians will take three of four and this board will be clamoring for a trade.

Hasn't this board been clamoring for a trade since the team lost it's first game of the season??? :P Seriously though, I think they'll take atleast 3 of 4 but I always think they're going to win so just ignore me.

from what I read, Burnett definetly wants to be a free agent next year. He said no matter what he will go in the market. THis is typically not what KW goes after. he likes to get guys with another year, or guys who give him an indication of sign ability. In addition Burnett is very injury prone. Long term contract on that is risky. I don't see it. I think the Whitesox will be mentioned as buyers in every trade rumor.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:25 AM)
from what I read, Burnett definetly wants to be a free agent next year. He said no matter what he will go in the market. THis is typically not what KW goes after. he likes to get guys with another year, or guys who give him an indication of sign ability. In addition Burnett is very injury prone. Long term contract on that is risky. I don't see it. I think the Whitesox will be mentioned as buyers in every trade rumor.

It's not like we haven't rented players before. I personally think you'd see AJ resigned quickly if he came over here, however if Kenny thinks Burnett is the missing piece and knows he can't resign him, he'll still pull the trugger for a shot to win that championship.

It's not like we haven't rented players before.  I personally think you'd see AJ resigned quickly if he came over here, however if Kenny thinks Burnett is the missing piece and knows he can't resign him, he'll still pull the trugger for a shot to win that championship.

Correct, this is a different situation, all bets are off. He (KW) has never been in this position before, i.e. a 9 game lead at the AS break. His focus may be solely on this year, more so than in years past.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
It's not like we haven't rented players before.  I personally think you'd see AJ resigned quickly if he came over here, however if Kenny thinks Burnett is the missing piece and knows he can't resign him, he'll still pull the trugger for a shot to win that championship.

rowand I certainly agree if this is the guy then go after him, I just don't think its normal for KW. I realize this is not a normal season. By the way I am glad your coming around to the trade thinking.!

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)

I think Kenny might be able to convince Burnett to sign a 1 year extension for the chance at a series appearance.. just guessing though.