A's at White Sox 7/9 Gameday Thread

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
At least they have a marathon of terrible movies on the sci-fi channel.  They're so bad that they're hilarious.  That'll cheer me up.

Attack of the Sabretooth, Raptor Island, Critters 3.....What are you talking about? Those are 3 of my favs!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Jenks had one pitch that got called a ball which was a strike to walk a guy.  But give them credit they used a quick bat through the strikezone to make contact on that hard pitch.

If you can't throw your fastball for a strike consistently, it doesn't matter if you throw 99 or 79mph. We all knew that his control was the biggest issue, and it was on display tonight. I said after his first performance, and I'll say it again: If you can use him as the centerpiece in a trade to get a star player which will help this team, you make that trade. It's a great transaction to pick up a player who was released, and turn him into a valuable trade asset

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
If you can't throw your fastball for a strike consistently, it doesn't matter if you throw 99 or 79mph.  We all knew that his control was the biggest issue, and it was on display tonight.  I said after his first performance, and I'll say it again:  If you can use him as the centerpiece in a trade to get a star player which will help this team, you make that trade.  It's a great transaction to pick up a player who was released, and turn him into a valuable trade asset

I don't want him touching any pressure-filled close games with a 10 foot pole.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
One of those so-called "minor leaguers" that you speak of hit a game winning two run homer off Troy Percival tonight to beat the Tigers.

Just thought I'd give you the report.

Trust me, there's no bigger fan of J. Gomes than my brother, who worked for the Durham Bulls. However, Gomes also helped out Jenks big time in that game by chasing some fastballs that weren't even close.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
It may be time to just cut bait or trade Shingo his days here are numbered.

I really hope he turns it around and retires with the Sox. I now it sounds goofy and s*** but I spent $210 on a customized authentic last year and I don't want to have that be a waste.