Your favorite 1st Half Memories...

bjm676

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
I noticed that when I first saw the clip on CSN. I didn't bother writing about it necause I thought everyone had already noticed. I think Timo woul beat the s*** ot of Willie btw.

I wish I could find it, but there was a picture on the front page of the Trib Sports section the morning after. It had the home plate celebration going on, and right in front of it was Timo and Willie throwin blows. I don't know what was funnier, the sight of two players mock fighting during a celebration, or the fact that it was Timo and Willie doing it.

AJ's homer was awesome.

That's the top homer.

Frank's dinger the other day against the D-Rays was awesome, too.

I give credit to Hermanson for his first half also.

I think his 20 saves shouldn't be taken for granted. If Hermy would have sucked after Shingo was having problems, we might have dropped a lot more games.

It could have been Koch-like. Way to go Dustin.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
"That ball is hit deep! Way back! Get up! STRECTH! It will! You can put it on the BOARD! YEEEEEEEEEEES! AJ Pierzynski with the walk-off 3 run bomb! Holy moly! MERCY!"

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
When did that happen?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
Tommorrow.  :headshake

It was a 2-run Home Run.

Hawk's exact call:

"That ball ball hit deep, into left center field. Stretch. Way back. He looks up. You can put it on the board yeeesssss! A 2-run homer by AJ pierzinski, his tenth and the Sox come up with 4 runs here in the bottom of the ninth inning and they win it 5 to 3."

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
It was a 2-run Home Run.

Hawk's exact call: 

"That ball ball hit deep, into left center field. Stretch. Way back. He looks up. You can put it on the board yeeesssss! A 2-run homer by AJ pierzinski, his tenth and the Sox come up with 4 runs here in the bottom of the ninth inning and they win it 5 to 3."

I thought there was some point to your question. My bad lol. :bang

Kalapse :fight SoxFan1

You PWNED me. Sorry.

i am going to say being at the Sox game when they announced Scotty to the All-star team. I had chills the whole time i was standiong and clapping.

That and taking everybody's critisism, and shoving it back in their faces!

TO THE MEDIA :finger :finger :finger !!

A couple of first half memories that are often overlooked:

- Garland striking out Tejada to end the 8th inning in a one run victory over Orioles.

- PK's 2 out, 2 rbi single which C. Patterson should have caught, but was unable to.

- Everett's 2nd homer of the game at home against Twins, in which he just unloaded off of Lohse.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
Timo's game winning hit against the Angels of course.

I was at that game. It sucked because they blew the lead in the ninth, but Timo saved us in the bottom of the ninth

AJ's walk off literally gave me goosebumps. I must have watched that replay about 50 times over the course of the following day.

Politte's RBI single was probably the greatest example of ownage I've ever seen.........but..........

My favorite White Sox moment this season had to have been when Jon Garland Ked Miguel Tejada with the bases loaded to end a threat. That was the precise moment I knew that Garland was for real this season.

AJ's HR vs. LA

The blowout game at Colorado with Frank's bomb to CF.

Rowand's big HR to left vs. SD.

Garland's successful pitching.

Pods disrupting pitchers while on the bases and us being a part of him making the AS Game.

Cotts coming into his own as a great LH reliever.

Hermy closing out games, then the AP taking quadzillion pics of him high-fiving AJ.

Dye's golf swing Grand Salami the other night.

Everett's catch into the RF corner the other night vs. Oakland and the fans that patted him on the back after the play.

The ChicagoSports All City Team

The race to post the "White Sox Winner" threads.

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers