Home run Juicer Derby

wallyburger

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
There are a hundred different kind of steroids, so maybe some do just what you said.  Many of the details I've read say that stamina also increases.  Unless you mean that testosterone shots are taken, because most steroids are taken in conjunction with another drug.

yeah they give you stamina to go longer, but for example, the results of lifting steroid-free for 2 hours could be acheived after 1 with steroids.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sosa3.jpg

To:

sosa820.jpg

OT but:

sosa_mcgwire471.jpg

Sosa: "So, ha many pill you take for da steroy today?"

McGwire: "Only 12. And you?"

Sosa: "Shood, today I only tookda 5 because beisbol been berry good to me, but today, I hev corg."

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
I think what we are all trying to say, Milkman, is that there are more reasons to believe he has never taken Steroids then are to the contrary.

Yes, I understand that. The point I'm trying to make is that the defenses that some people are making aren't very solid. 24 homers in one round is absolutely ridiculous. Add the fact that all of the other great rounds were mainly put up by juicers, and he still blew them out of the water. That right there gives me some reason to suspect him. Then these defenses about having a sweet swing, taking a pitch between swings, and never suddenly getting bigger aren't very good. Many, many players have sweet swings, including an obvious juicer in McGwire. I don't know if I've ever seen a guy NOT take a pitch or two between swings. And a guy doesn't suddenly have to get bigger in front of our own eyes for him to be on steroids, as shown by Canseco. It seems that people are defending Abreu only because they like him. Let's face it, some guys we like do cheat.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
He was..??? Giambi's arms, legs, and stomach were rock hard and his face turned into a pumpkin shape. Bobby is fat. In ST he was even a bit jiggly. The guy, IMO, from seeing him up close is just a monster, much like Frank. Frank when he didn't work out got "jiggly" but didn't "shrink" like Sosa and Mark have.

91giambi908.jpg

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
You could also use this logic for McGwire and Sosa.  McGwire had a great swing and I have no proof he was on steroids.

I don't either. I never saw him take them. In fact I've never seen anyone take steroids, but I bet you lunch a bunch of MLB players did, and Mark McGwire was one of them.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
I don't either. I never saw him take them. In fact I've never seen anyone take steroids, but I bet you lunch a bunch of MLB players did, and Mark McGwire was one of them.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed 3 people take steroids. 1 was when I was trying out for a traveing team and 2 of the players offered me some steroids, I declined, and they both followed by taking 2 pills each right in front of the coach. :headshake The 3rd was when another teenager my age took 1 in the dugot of a little league game on the South East side.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Unfortunately, I have witnessed 3 people take steroids. 1 was when I was trying out for a traveing team and 2 of the players offered me some steroids, I declined, and they both followed by taking 2 pills each right in front of the coach. :headshake The 3rd was when another teenager my age took 1 in the dugot of a little league game on the South East side.

Wow, that's some weird stuff. I did a few papers on the effects of steroid use on teenagers. It's so much worse for younger people, especially on the psychological side. Did you happen to notice what kind of steroid it was?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Wow, that's some weird stuff.  I did a few papers on the effects of steroid use on teenagers.  It's so much worse for younger people, especially on the psychological side.  Did you happen to notice what kind of steroid it was?

I wasn't paying attention to the bottles or containers. I was just stupified by their ignorance to what could happen to them in the long run. As soon as I figured it that this team, not only tolerated, but suggested, the use of steroids, I was like:

:uhoh Bye Bye

Edited by SoxFan1

Wow, Abreu you COULD have taken steroids! WHAT A REVELATION. Anyone COULD have taken steroids. Being good at hitting HRs from BP pitchers has nothing to do with taking steroids. Some guys can do it and some guys can't.

The idea that he didn't get tired seems contrived to me because he had like 8 more HRs in the first round than he did in the next two rounds combined so obviously fatigue was taking its toll. Not that it matters, it isn't like he is lifting more and more on a bench press when he should be getting tired, he is hitting BP fastballs out of the park. There is no real known limit to when you shouldnt be able to do it anymore.

I also find it moronic to speculate that any player who seems to have a lot of strength is on steroids. I hear people talk like you can't be ripped and you cant have a lot of muscle mass unless you are on steroids. Also, that you can't go from a skinny guy to a muscular one without roids, why lunacy. So no one works hard? Not one guy just lifts weights? EVERYONE is a juicer?

These accusations against Rowand are completely unfair and the people making them are douches. Unless you shot him up yourself the reality is you dont know. And besides that the argument for it is fairly weak.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
I also find it moronic to speculate that any player who seems to have a lot of strength is on steroids.  I hear people talk like you can't be ripped and you cant have a lot of muscle mass unless you are on steroids.  Also, that you can't go from a skinny guy to a muscular one without roids, why lunacy.  So no one works hard?  Not one guy just lifts weights?  EVERYONE is a juicer?

Yes.. you can go from a skinny guy to a muscular one WITHOUT roids.. however.. you can not increase your skull size by just lifing weights. Mark already ADMITTED he took Andro which IS a precurser to roids. I have no problem calling him a roid user. The shoe fits him perfectly. And Giambi ADMITTED something to a grand jury.. I have a feeling it wasn't that he likes Apple Pie.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Wow, Abreu you COULD have taken steroids!  WHAT A REVELATION.  Anyone COULD have taken steroids.  Being good at hitting HRs from BP pitchers has nothing to do with taking steroids.  Some guys can do it and some guys can't. 

The idea that he didn't get tired seems contrived to me because he had like 8 more HRs in the first round than he did in the next two rounds combined so obviously fatigue was taking its toll.  Not that it matters, it isn't like he is lifting more and more on a bench press when he should be getting tired, he is hitting BP fastballs out of the park.  There is no real known limit to when you shouldnt be able to do it anymore.

I also find it moronic to speculate that any player who seems to have a lot of strength is on steroids.  I hear people talk like you can't be ripped and you cant have a lot of muscle mass unless you are on steroids.  Also, that you can't go from a skinny guy to a muscular one without roids, why lunacy.  So no one works hard?  Not one guy just lifts weights?  EVERYONE is a juicer?

These accusations against Rowand are completely unfair and the people making them are douches.  Unless you shot him up yourself the reality is you dont know.  And besides that the argument for it is fairly weak.

Dear Mr. TheHammer,

Thanks.

Signed, Douche

P.S. - Chubby face and body with a lot of power plus high endurance (much higher than any other contestant ever) plus 500 foot bombs equal suspicion in my book.

P.P.S - The accusations against Rowand aren't all that unfair at all. He's a solid piece of muscle, has a break out year, and then his power is suddenly gone. That, my friend, will draw suspicion to just about any athlete.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
Yes, I know that.  Wait, what point were you making again?

I've lost track, but "the results of lifting steroid-free for 2 hours could be acheived after 1 with steroids." but roid-free Abreu works out longer, thus giving him more stamina than roid-chocked Sammy Sosa, who works out less but gains more muscle.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
Yes.. you can go from a skinny guy to a muscular one WITHOUT roids.. however.. you can not increase your skull size by just lifing weights. Mark already ADMITTED he took Andro which IS a precurser to roids. I have no problem calling him a roid user. The shoe fits him perfectly. And Giambi ADMITTED something to a grand jury.. I have a feeling it wasn't that he likes Apple Pie.

:lolhitting But look at the picture Balta posted. I am seriously more muscular than him in that picture. And it isn't like he is a 15 year veteran for him to gradually grow like that. Giambi, Mac, Canseco, Caminiti, Sosa, Pudge, and Raffy are steroid users in my mind and those are the ones who have either admitted to steroid use, have been convicted of steroid use, or show/ed signs of chronic steroi use.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Dear Mr. TheHammer,

Thanks.

Signed, Douche

P.S. - Chubby face and body with a lot of power plus high endurance (much higher than any other contestant ever) plus 500 foot bombs equal suspicion in my book.

P.P.S - The accusations against Rowand aren't all that unfair at all.  He's a solid piece of muscle, has a break out year, and then his power is suddenly gone.  That, my friend, will draw suspicion to just about any athlete.

Thankfully those that count know why.

Douche... I'll agree with ya, that fits.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
I've lost track, but "the results of lifting steroid-free for 2 hours could be acheived after 1 with steroids."  but roid-free Abreu works out longer, thus giving him more stamina than roid-chocked Sammy Sosa, who works out less but gains more muscle.

I understand everything but that last part. By working out more with steroids than a person who is also on steroids, the result should be more muscle for the person working out more.