GAME THREAD 7-16-2005 SOX vs INJUNS

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Have we even hit any triples this year?

I mean, our ballpark isn't exactly conducive to them....no wierd angles or gaps in the corners.

Rain's here...at least MB got through his 6+ innings already.

Six of them.

Three for iguchi.

One for rowand.

One for dye.

One for uribe.

101 Pitches for MB through 7 innings.

MARK I LOVE YOU!

We've outscored Cleveland 15-3 in this series. God wouldn't you hate to be those guys? Supposedly having a solid offense, being outscored 15-3, and then going into the 4th game of a series and having to face an All Star sitting on 13 wins?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
101 Pitches for MB through 7 innings.

MARK I LOVE YOU!

We've outscored Cleveland 15-3 in this series.  God wouldn't you hate to be those guys?  Supposedly having a solid offense, being outscored 15-3, and then going into the 4th game of a series and having to face an All Star sitting on 13 wins?

That should be it for Mark since he did start the ASG.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
Cotts is warming up.  It will be interesting if we don't see even a sign of Shingo.  It would pretty much confirm all the trade rumors.

Shingo could pitch unless he'd already been traded. Probably would want him to anyway...make sure he's still all right.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Cotts is warming up.  It will be interesting if we don't see even a sign of Shingo.  It would pretty much confirm all the trade rumors.

Holy crap, right as you posted that I did as well in the sub forum, same thing basically.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Shingo could pitch unless he'd already been traded.  Probably would want him to anyway...make sure he's still all right.

Trust me, if we have an agreement in place, or are close to trading him, he won't pitch today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)

Or it could be that Cleveland has murdered him this yr with 5 HR's and Ozzie sees no reason in risking more damage.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
If we see Viz instead of Shingo in the 9th, how can you not believe the rumor?

Because of the fact that Shingo gets rocked by Cleveland. Why have him come in, have a chance to give up a couple runs then have to run out the back end. It makes plenty of sense.

Edited by jphat007