GAME THREAD 7-17-05 SOX vs INJUNS

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Almost being the key word there.  We've won more games this wknd in Cleveland than we have in 10 years in Oakland, it seems.

Yes. The constant losing certainly adds to the annoyance factor in Oakland.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
I saw it on the board but havent heard any reports about it

Buster Olney was tossing that out as an option last night, that the Marlins wanted to move Lowell with Burnett to save on salary and get a few players...He repeated it a bunch on ESPN yesterday and said that Baltimore or the White Sox were probably at the top of the list.

I bet Gammons was just spinning off of that.

Here's a random thought...does anyone think KW might be pushing himself into every trade rumor/talk just to try to push the price up for other teams that are bidding for guys?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
Anyone else feel like the Indians hitters aren't cashing in on a lot of very hittable pitches?  VMart had some great pitches to hit that AB, but fouled them off.

Good pitching does that. Even if a pitch is "Hittable", say up and outside, if you're looking down and in there's not much you can do about it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
AJP is taking some of his best swings of the season now.  He got robbed of a double there on a nice play by Broussard.

AJP has been getting robbed all year long...he has been hitting ropes that just have been caught in amazing plays. I've been blown away by how unlucky he's been with the bat.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
Good pitching does that.  Even if a pitch is "Hittable", say up and outside, if you're looking down and in there's not much you can do about it.

True, but even Buehrle admitted that he got away with a lot of bad pitches yesterday. I'm not saying we're not making good pitches, but it seems like the Indians aren't putting our mistakes in play (so far, that is).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
f*** YOU umpire.  That pitch was right down the f***ing plate.  Ozzie needs to get ejected, and soon.

That itch :huh :P That was f***in ridiculous though, Jon's gonna have to punch 'em out swinging it looks like

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
Plus the fact Juan is starting to hit the ball had and hasn't had anything to show for it yet and Aj is going to start hitting too, good stuff.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what this O can do when everyone is doing what they can do.  A lot of guys haven't hit up to what they normally do and the offense overall has been pretty good scoring runs so just imagine what they'll do when they get around their career averages.

The thing with Uribe though is that since he has no discernable plan up there you don't know if him hitting it hard but at 'em really means anything. It may just mean that he on the road(he's god awful at home) or that this is his hot streak but is getting no production out of it..