7/17 Games

Heads22

Charlotte wins 3-2 over Louisville. Are the Knights turning (some kind) of corner? Anderson 1-3, HR, 2R. Toca 3-4. McCarthy with a meh start.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...louaaa_chraaa_1

Birmingham tied at 8 in the 10th vs. Chattanooga. Haegermeister with a so-so start. 0-2 with a K and 3 ER in 5 IP. Apparently the Barons are too cool for the DH. Rogo and Fields both 2-3.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...biraax_cngaax_1

WS OFF

Kanny @ Columbus.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...kanafx_clmafx_1

Great Falls @ Idaho Falls

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...grfrok_idarok_1

Pulaski @ Bristol DH Scheduled

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...pulrok_brirok_1

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...pulrok_brirok_2

2 ER given up by B-Mac at Charlotte in 6 IP, sounded like a pretty good outing I thought, a lot better than he's thrown before. Anderson has an OPS of .859 now, not too shabby at all, although as always the 92 K/35 BB ratio needs to improve.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Apparently the Barons are too cool for the DH.

I wish that was the case we had no players available to DH with Young, Gonzalez and Garcia hurt. Also when Reynoso came in that was our last pitcher as well.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
I guess Haeger is the shizz then.

Swung the bat well today a sharp grounder and Sac bunt also grounded out Friday and yesterday as well. He is used as the "pinch hitter" our best hitting pitcher and bats late in the game.

What happened to Chris Young, did not know he was hurt?

No way the Barons should be playing shorthanded like that. The White Sox need to get them some help.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
I guess the Haegermeister is just too f***ing cool to have someone hit for him.

Maybe he is too "f@#%^&*" cool for the DH or MAYBE

The Barons roster is according to the Chattanoogna Lookouts ...

"very undermanned and Razor has his hands tied".

Since as Tom stated all weekend with Gonzalez finger in a splint, Young out and Garcia hurt they are down to the bare minimums-- 4 infielders and 3 outfielders.

Because of this the DH was lost late in the game on Friday and Saturday nights and that is why the pitcher HAD to hit for himself, there was no one left.

Maybe you should find out why the pitcher was swinging the bat before you start making comments like that.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)

No way the Barons should be playing shorthanded like that.  The White Sox need to get them some help.

Sorry EDITED.. Thought you were talking about Gonzalez. Just caught myself. :bang

He got hit on the finger/hand while batting late in the game Friday night. Not sure of the seriousness, but the Lookouts broadcast said the Barons " hope it is not broken", so I am sure he may be out for awhile.

I agree the Sox need to do something!!!!!!! But they still seem to be able to pull out the win even as shorthanded as they are.

Edited by minorsfan

QUOTE(minorsfan @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)

Since as Tom stated all weekend with Gonzalez finger in a splint, Young out and Garcia hurt they are down to the bare minimums-- 4 infielders and 3 outfielders.

Because of this the DH was lost late in the game on Friday and Saturday nights and that is why the pitcher HAD to hit for himself, there was no one left. 

Maybe you should find out why the pitcher was swinging the bat before you start making comments like that.

chill3el.jpg

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)

No way the Barons should be playing shorthanded like that.  The White Sox need to get them some help.

From BHAMBARONS

Actually he is hurt, can barely walk not availble for even pinch running spots. It looks like a pulled muscle in his side

QUOTE(minorsfan @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)

That comment was in jest, I figured everyone knew it.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Well it's not obvious for those of us that can't follow the day to day injuries like you or BHAM.

In my previous post I stated the situation and I was told to "chill out".

The topic of the Barons roster being short handed started Friday. I don't follow day to day injuries of any other teams than Birmingham, so any info I can bring to help others is all I am doing. Since this is a place to talk about our Future Sox players I welcome input about the other farm clubs since I don't follow them as close.

And as far as the "obvious" goes anytime a pitcher hits for himself when the DH is available then there is something behind it.

Edited by minorsfan

Barons 9 Chattanooga 8 (10)

W- Oritz (2-0) L- Shaffer (1-5) Sv- Reynoso (5)

This team is very resilient after Ortiz served up a 2 out 2 strike game tying 3 run Bomb, the Barons inning started with a dreaded leadoff walk, Gray followed with a bunt and Shaffer threw high to 2nd and Stewart was safe, Ortiz bunted back to the mound Shaffer threw out Stewart at 3rd and a throw to an uncovered 1st base allowed Gray and , Jerry Owens lined a shot to RF Rick Asadorian who made a sweet grab Gray misread the ball and had to stay at 3rd. Finally the wierdest play yet with 2 outs Lopez layed down a bunt Shaffer had it threw it high and off-line for his 2nd error and the 5th error made by Lookout pitchers in 2 games. Reynoso got a line drive comebacker that he snared and then a single to Junior Ruiz who kept them in the game with a great takeout slide of Gray on the grounder hit by D'Angelo Jimenez and kevin Howards grounder ended it. Barons now lead the Minors in Road Wins with 33. Rogo 2 hits and 2 hits for Josh Fields as well

Edited by BHAMBARONS