GAME THREAD 7-18-2005 vs. Detroit

WSoxMatt

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Yeah, IMO he is just a 5th starter at this stage of his career.

That's all we need him to be at this point. If he could go another inning, that wouldn't be all that bad in this ballpark. Playing at home, we have to be able to score more than 1 or 2 runs. I don't care how good our pitching is that just won't fly at home.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Damn the Sox play good defense. Terrific relay, great job of blocking the plate. I hope that proves to be a big play.

Let's get at least two runs here!

Jason Schmidt, your table is waiting. I'm oddly ok with his bad performance. THe worst thing that could have happened was two good weeks from Hernandez, the deadline passes, and then he gets hurt again/struggles the last two months. Let's go get Schmitty.

Edited by Punch and Judy Garland

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
That's all we need him to be at this point. If he could go another inning, that wouldn't be all that bad in this ballpark. Playing at home, we have to be able to score more than 1 or 2 runs. I don't care how good our pitching is that just won't fly at home.

That's fine w/ me as long as Contreras keeps pitching well, and we don't need to count on El Duque fro the playoffs

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)

4 runs through 5 innings isn't acceptable in any ballpark.

Lets NOT go get Schmidt and pretend we did. Duque is just fine as a 5th starter thanks. We aren't gonna have 5 20 game winners in the rotation. Its the guys first start after a DL trip....IMO he had great movement on his stuff, was hitting 90+ on the fastball. Thats all we need from him. Lets not go get another pitcher just because Schmidt used to be good.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
4 runs through 5 innings isn't acceptable in any ballpark.

I said if he goes another inning. Would it be great? no. Of course not. But for his first start back in our ballpark, 6IP 4ER wouldn't be terrible for a 5th starter.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
is there anything AJ won't swing at?

....or Crede or Rowand or Uribe or Dye or Everett. We have an awful lot of aggressive hitters on this team, that's why Pods and Frank are so valuable.

Edited by CYGarland