Crede's lucky sideburns

joemg311

I read somewhere the Sox want to upgrade third base. I hope if they acquire Randa or somebody then don't trade Crede, merely have another guy here to push Joe.

I think Crede's a pretty good player. I don't think the organization should take his defense for granted.

He's pretty valuable, don't you all agree?

I would NOT trade him, not this year, not winning the way we are.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
I read somewhere the Sox want to upgrade third base. I hope if they acquire Randa or somebody then don't trade Crede, merely have another guy here to push Joe.

I think Crede's a pretty good player. I don't think the organization should take his defense for granted.

I obviously think he's VERY valuable. He's only made 4 errors this entire season, the last one being on May 15th. And he makes tough defensive plays, like the two during the 2nd inning tonight, look easy.

A lot of people point to his offensive as being a sore spot. It would definitely help if he could bring his average up. But it seems to me that when the Sox get themselves in a tough position, you can count on Crede to help em out in one way or another.

I think it would be quite foolish if they traded Joe.

QUOTE(KJean @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
I obviously think he's VERY valuable. He's only made 4 errors this entire season, the last one being on May 15th. And he makes tough defensive plays, like the two during the 2nd inning tonight, look easy.

A lot of people point to his offensive as being a sore spot. It would definitely help if he could bring his average up.  But it seems to me that when the Sox get themselves in a tough position, you can count on Crede to help em out in one way or another.

I think it would be quite foolish if they traded Joe.

Welcome to Soxtalk and I agree with your assessment of Joe Crede 100%.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Welcome to Soxtalk and I agree with your assessment of Joe Crede 100%.

Thank you! :D

And I have a question, if anyone is still reading this thread. I've noticed that for both yesterday's game (7/18) and tonight's game (7/19) Crede has been batting without any gloves. And as far as I can remember he always uses gloves at bat. Is there any reason for the change? And does this have any effect on his success at bat? Just wondering!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)

Sox will only trade for a 3rd baseman if they feel Crede's back is going to force him to miss an extended period of time. If they feel confidend he won't, than I think you'll see them at most bring in a role player who can spell him every once in a while.

QUOTE(KJean @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Thank you!  :D

And I have a question, if anyone is still reading this thread.  I've noticed that for both yesterday's game (7/18) and tonight's game (7/19) Crede has been batting without any gloves.  And as far as I can remember he always uses gloves at bat.  Is there any reason for the change? And does this have any effect on his success at bat? Just wondering!

Yup, I noticed that too. Maybe he just feels more comfortable at the plate without batting gloves, I'm not sure the reason though.

I was reading someones post about how Joe is going to be protecting his back at the plate and how it would shorten up his swing......I went the last 2 nights and he is looking like a hitter.........thank you herniated discs??????

...glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice the correlation. :D

Joe Crede belongs with the White Sox throughout the pennant run. His defensive ability has to be the single most underrated skill on this message board and perhaps the whole Chicago baseball community.

Listening to the Tigers broadcast the other day, you would have though they already handed Crede the Gold Glove; they were really giving Crede's defensive ability a ringing endorsement and it was very refreshing.