Where do you think Shingo will go?

White Sox Josh

Where do you think Shingo will go?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Shingo will go?

• Back to Japan
    • Charlotte
    • Charlotte and gets called up in September
    • Arizona
    • Red Sox
    • Other

Shingo Takatsu - R - CWS

The Diamondbacks are reportedly interested in claiming Shingo Takatsu off waivers.

They should be, after their bullpen gave up a four-run lead last night (again). They reportedly had scouts at several White Sox games in the last few days as well. Jul. 19 - 11:12 am et

Source: MLB.com

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
I know there is a most improved player, or come back player award.

Is Shingo close to the unofficial biggest flop award recipient? Think about how his stock fell in less than ONE year.

oh come on now, there are far more disappointing players in the bigs.

dan kolb, for example.

I voted Charlotte and back in September. I'm still mystified why you dump him and keep an unproven guy with a 20.25 ERA. We needed a bullpen arm, preferrably LH, the way it was.

IMO, Shingo's DFA was a bad call by KW.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
Well here is good luck to you Josh and Dingo and your new identity on some Diamondback board of SnakeBitJosh.

What the hell is your problem? IMHO opinion it was a bad move. I would've been happy if they traded something and got somebody good. That didn't happen.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
oh come on now, there are far more disappointing players in the bigs.

dan kolb, for example.

Kolb has given up 1 run in his last 7 games and like 3 runs in his last 14 or 15 innings. Hasn't salvaged his season yet, but it's a start.

I say Arizona. Shingo could come in and have an ERA or 6 and it would still improve their bullpen.

I voted Charlotte and back in September. I'm still mystified why you dump him and keep an unproven guy with a 20.25 ERA. We needed a bullpen arm, preferrably LH, the way it was.

IMO, Shingo's DFA was a bad call by KW.

He wasn't getting enough people out, and the pitching coach and manager lost confidence in him. Seems to me that's reason enough. As for Jenks, he may or may not work out and the 20.25 era remark is misleading, he's had a grand total of two outings. Jenks' stuff is excellent, to me it's a better idea to trot someone out there opponents haven't figured out and has a chance to be dominating.

If Jenks doesn't do well, they'll send him down and get somebody else, that simple.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
What the hell is your problem?  IMHO opinion it was a bad move.  I would've been happy if they traded something and got somebody good.  That didn't happen.

I think everyone on at least 3 boards can attest to the fact that you like Shingo and think its a bad move. We get it. Its over get over it.

What the hell is your problem?  IMHO opinion it was a bad move.  I would've been happy if they traded something and got somebody good.  That didn't happen.

I think he was just goofing around, but let's be frank, you have beaten the Shingo topic to death here. And elsewhere. We get your point already. And copying someone else's post and passing it off as your own was bad.