Despite being in first, White Sox just cannot win

IlliniKrush

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...gh_town/?page=3

Shoeless Joe Jackson testified to receiving $5K. BUT he did not want the $ & his life was threatened to take it. Furthermore SJJ & Weaver both wanted to blow the whistle on the whole thing but gave us after Comiskey didn't want to hear it & their lives were threatened.

As for SJJ's vs Cinn in the WS he .375A. The only player to hit a HR in the series.

He had 6 RBI's & was flawless in the outfield.

The only part I didn't care for was when he said that the stadium is always half empty. If the stadium holds 38-39K, and we're averaging 26K (a number that is on the rise, BTW), that's off by 7K -- I'm not gonna b**** and moan about it, but I don't think saying the stadium is "half empty" is very accurate.

One more little story. I was at the game on Monday, and had to buy some tickets for the game on Wednesday. I was in the Upper Deck, and there was actually a sort-of-long line at the in-stadium box office for upcoming games. I highly doubt there will be anymore crowds less than 25K this season, unless the team totally collapses.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
The only part I didn't care for was when he said that the stadium is always half empty.  If the stadium holds 38-39K, and we're averaging 26K (a number that is on the rise, BTW), that's off by 7K -- I'm not gonna b**** and moan about it, but I don't think saying the stadium is "half empty" is very accurate. 

I don't blame you. Being off by almost 30% is stretching it.

Three blocks from The Cell on a sun-drenched afternoon Renee Walker is watering the dusty concrete outside her apartment on 37th Street in her pajamas. Other doorways are boarded up. ''I'm a White Sox fan, always have been, always will be," said Walker. ''The problem here is you get people that don't work, that do other things ... If you mind your business and do the right thing, this ain't no badder than any other part of town."

:unsure: