Rotoworld's Top 150

CWSGuy406

Link

Not saying I agree or disagree with the list, but it's interesting. Folks, Chris Young is catching on -- ranked as our highest prospect on the list at 28th, and here's the comments on him:

28. Chris Young - OF White Sox - Age 21 - ETA: 2007

Previous rankings: 2005 #137

.261/.356/.525, 18 HR, 49 RBI, 90/44 K/BB, 17 SB in 322 AB for Double-A Birmingham

Maybe the next Mike Cameron. Young is an excellent defensive center fielder with 25-30 homer power and frequent trouble making contact. The strikeouts can be overlooked up to a point, since he plays a premium defensive position and plays it well. He also draws quite a few walks and steals bases at a nice rate. That he’ll never hit for average will prevent him from becoming a star. He could still become a very valuable regular, though.

If you don't feel like scrolling through the list, the Sox have five players on there -- Young, Anderson, McCarthy, Gio, and Sweeney. Sweeney comes in at 94, and everyone else is lower (meaning better, according to Roto).

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
Link

Not saying I agree or disagree with the list, but it's interesting.  Folks, Chris Young is catching on -- ranked as our highest prospect on the list at 28th, and here's the comments on him:

If you don't feel like scrolling through the list, the Sox have five players on there -- Young, Anderson, McCarthy, Gio, and Sweeney.  Sweeney comes in at 94, and everyone else is lower (meaning better, according to Roto).

They act like a .265 average is pathetic.. That doesnt bother me at all if hes gonna hit HR's, Doubles, Play good defense, and steal some bases...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
Link

That he’ll never hit for average will prevent him from becoming a star.

Interesting that a service that's never seen the kid play can say this about someone who has gone from getting his first taste of Low-A ball to AA stud in 16 months "will never hit for average"...

If that means he won't ever hit .320, I'd probably agree, but the premise that Rotoworld is ranking prospects in the first place is utterly absurd.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
And take walks at a high rate.

I dont see why he couldnt hit for a higher average eventually this kid is young and skipped to AA.. I think he is gonna be real good

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
I'm interested to see Young's power numbers next year when he's at Charlotte :o

Unless he comes back from injury soon, they might as well start him in BHam next year and see what he can do repeating a level after skipping W-S...

Charlotte is all well and good, but it has a tendency to make guys play away from their strengths, IMO...

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Unless he comes back from injury soon, they might as well start him in BHam next year and see what he can do repeating a level after skipping W-S...

Charlotte is all well and good, but it has a tendency to make guys play away from their strengths, IMO...

That definitely makes sense, I could see for a hitter how'd it would benefit to stay in bham.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
The only reason Young should stay in AA would be because of an injury. I see no reason why he should be repeating.

Why should he go to Charlotte?

Why wouldn't the organization like to see what he could do coming back to AA if only for a couple months?

Frankly, I would like to see if he can be a .280-.300 hitter consistently in AA before even thinking about moving him to Charlotte or Chicago. JMO.

Also, do people still really like Adam Ricks as a prospect? Let me know when his slugging % tops .300...

Edited by Randar68

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Why should he go to Charlotte?

Why wouldn't the organization like to see what he could do coming back to AA if only for a couple months? 

Frankly, I would like to see if he can be a .280-.300 hitter consistently in AA before even thinking about moving him to Charlotte or Chicago.  JMO.

Also, do people still really like Adam Ricks as a prospect?  Let me know when his slugging % tops .300...

I don't know, I just think that repeating after a monster season sends a negative message.

And don't let my sig fool you. I just like Adam Ricks, nothing towards his status as a prospect.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:59 AM)
I don't know, I just think that repeating after a monster season sends a negative message.

And don't let my sig fool you. I just like Adam Ricks, nothing towards his status as a prospect.

It's his first season about low A ball, I'd too like to see Young repeat AA for at least a month or 2 next season, although I know you like to move prospects up quicker than us Dan. :P

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
It's his first season about low A ball, I'd too like to see Young repeat AA for at least a month or 2 next season, although I know you like to move prospects up quicker than us Dan.  :P

Says the man who wanted Micah Schnurstein promoted to Bham if Fields wasn't in the way. :rolly

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Says the man who wanted Micah Schnurstein promoted to Bham if Fields wasn't in the way. :rolly

Well Micah's gone from low A to high A, while Young's gone from low A to AA. I guess Jason and I just like Micah a little more than other people.