Bruce Levine on with Silvy and Carmen

maggsmaggs

Recap:

-KW are looking at deals that make sense in the bullpen and rotation, they don't want a tired rotation or bullpen

-Levine having a hard on for Kevin Millar, loves how he brings eveyone together

-Frank is going to DL according to Levine's info yesterday, serious problems with the ankle, inflamation. Gload will be up the do actually make the move. Sox need his lefty bat.

-Jermaine Dye can play tonight, just a spider bite that caused an infection

-Levine ripping Rowand for the botched play in center last night.

-Levine ripping Crede for his botched play against Detroit Tuesday, the bad hop that then led to Infante's HR

Like usual we get nothing new from Bruce Levine.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Like usual we get nothing new from Bruce Levine.

Didn't Levine crack the Ozzie extension story? And it's not like something has gone down that Levine didn't hint at before...

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Didn't Levine crack the Ozzie extension story?  And it's not like something has gone down that Levine didn't hint at before...

He and Boston Gammons have about the same accuracy rate.

I still remember when he announced something as an ESPN 1000 exclusive that was on rotoworld and was discussed here for the previous 2 weeks.

He is about as accurate as carpet bombing.

I'm not saying he is accurate, he gets a lot of his information from player agents, those are his biggest connnections to my knowledge. He also talks a lot to Rick Hahn.

On a personal note, he is a very nice guy. I've happened to meet him a few times and he does his best to answer all the questions.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Didn't Levine crack the Ozzie extension story?  And it's not like something has gone down that Levine didn't hint at before...

He did crack it, and it was initially denied. Speculation was he got his info directly from Ozzie because it was reported a couple days before in one of the gossip columns, he was out to dinner with Ozzie.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
Bruce is a real nice guy, we have had on our high school radio show about 6 times, as well as Rick Hahn.  Both are really good guys.

I bet he is. All we're saying is, often times he's not exactly accurate in what he reports.

Bruce is a real nice guy, we have had on our high school radio show about 6 times, as well as Rick Hahn.  Both are really good guys.

Rick Hahn is a great guy, low key but very forthcoming with what he can share. He does a ton of the legwork with acquisitions, contracts, all sorts of stuff.

Edit: I realize no one gives a flying rip if they're nice guys, didn't mean to highjack the thread.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
He and Boston Gammons have about the same accuracy rate.

I still remember when he announced something as an ESPN 1000 exclusive that was on rotoworld and was discussed here for the previous 2 weeks.

He is about as accurate as carpet bombing.

teh carpet bombing thing is gettin a little old