is anyone as tired of konerko as i am?

thelatinoheat_30

the thing that concerns me most on this team is konerko. seems like most of the time he gets a hit is leading off an inning. he is so very slow and he hits #4, a spot for guys to drive in runs. the problem is he hits .245 w/ runners on, .225 w/ RISP, and .140 w/ RISP and 2 out. those are horrific numbers for a #4 hitter. to compare, uribe, usually hitting 8 or 9, is hitting AT LEAST 40 points higher in each of those categories than konerko, that's pretty telling, esp. since konerko is makin 8+ mil this year. if i'm kenny, priority #1 is getting guardado or another very good bullpen arm and priority #2 would be shopping konerko. i know it'd be hard but who knows maybe the nats would be interested w/ their offensive woes or maybe in a 3 way trade somehow. i dunno but konerko is leaving way too many runners in scoring position.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just sick of PK's approach. In big situations, it really looks like he's just trying to hit a homer instead of just getting the 2 rbi single, etc. He used to be such a tough out at the plate, because he'd just serve the ball wherever it was pitched. Now, he's a one-dimensional hitter. I don't see him coming back to the Sox next year.

If he could only keep from getting his nutsack so tight in RBI situations, he could EASILY have as many as Ortiz. Instead, it seems like it is always a 6-4-3 DP, or Pooooooooooped it up! I would not be heartbroken if he were to be dealt. At this point, Gload would be better.

Pauly was 3-1 twice tonight and got fastballs right down the middle. He flew out lazily to right center and popped out to 2B...I'd say he's been pretty bad this year. Should be interesting to see what happens to him this off season, and how the Sox will hopefully fill his shoes.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Can you change the name to the "Paulie's is a Poosy Posee"?? I've been sick of PK for the longest. Get his ass of this team quick.

Sorry, the name stays the same. Yours just doesn't get the point across well enough, plus it's not grammatically correct.

And sorry again, but I've been sick of PK for longer. That is my distinction. :P

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Sorry, the name stays the same.  Yours just doesn't get the point across well enough, plus it's not grammatically correct.

And sorry again, but I've been sick of PK for longer.  That is my distinction. :P

I know it's not gramatically correct. I spelled pussy the way Ozzie would. "Paulie is a Pussy Posse". There, is that better? Anyway, he's still a pussy. Put me in your club, cas I hate PK.

I have never liked Konerko. Until this year he has always been streaky as hell. Now he seems to have settled into a consistent mediocrity. I just hate the fact that guys with big contracts get to play no matter how well they play (Konerko & Uribe). This team would be a little worse defensively and MUCH better offensively with Gload at first and Ozuna at SS (what the hell do these guys have to do to get a shot???!!!)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
I know it's not gramatically correct. I spelled pussy the way Ozzie would. "Paulie is a Pussy Posse". There, is that better? Anyway, he's still a pussy. Put me in your club, cas I hate PK.

You certainly meet our qualifications. BTW, I was just kidding about the grammar thing :P

We're all friends in this club.

QUOTE(Carlo Paz @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:12 AM)
I have never liked Konerko.  Until this year he has always been streaky as hell.  Now he seems to have settled into a consistent mediocrity.  I just hate the fact that guys with big contracts get to play no matter how well they play (Konerko & Uribe).  This team would be a little worse defensively and MUCH better offensively with Gload at first and Ozuna at SS (what the hell do these guys have to do to get a shot???!!!)

Don't forget Vizcaino :nono

SOme crazy numbers for the month of July:

HITTING has cooled off too…. Team OPS is down to .717 in July ...

JULY OPS ….

WHO’S HOT: Crede .848

WHO’S NOT: Thomas .798, Konerko .775, Everett .687, Rownd .660, Iguchi .645 Pierzynski .545, Uribe .524

This is before the series started with the BoSox.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)
956ebf1d.jpg

I have a bad feeling that KW will offer him his contract after the season. 

Captain popup, master of the GIDP,  Commander of the solo homer will be with us for at least 4 more years.

Please don't ever put that thought in my head. It is bad enough to watch now, but another 4 years would drive me insane. :crying

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
956ebf1d.jpg

I have a bad feeling that KW will offer him his contract after the season. 

Captain popup, master of the GIDP,  Commander of the solo homer will be with us for at least 4 more years.

You forgot sultan of slow.

:P

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
Konerko would be fine, if he wasn't counted on to be the majority contributor of this meager offense.

And if he wasn't eating up so much salary. He's still a valuable trading piece, I say we ship him before he becomes a free agent, getting something instead of nothing.