50 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best division in baseball

• AL West
    • AL Central
    • AL East
    • NL East
    • NL Central
    • NL West

I chose the AL West...although I could also make a case for the NL Central and the Al Central.

The reason I say the NL Central is because St. Louis is really really good and frankly Houston is a scary team now that they've gotten rolling.

AL Central is really solid too with the Sox (best team in baseball) and the Twins (wild card leader).

Which has the best races...thats the eastern divisions (Both AL/NL).

I'm saying the NL East. I know the NL West just flat out sucks, and the NL Central isn't too far ahead of them, but there aren't any teams below .500 in the East with the Marlins, who many thought would win the division, in last place. The Nationals and the Mets are both surprising me, the Philles are about where I thought, and it's amazing how the Braves are doing considering all of their injuries.

I'm not disagreeing with those who picked the AL west. I just find it bizarre how Oakland's turn around makes that division 5 times better. I'm sure some people in may would have voted that division as one of the weakest. I have nigtmares of Oakland making the WC. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
There's three teams there that have to be just scary to face.

And Seattle's not that bad....

Lo and behold.....Jason and I agree on something....:lol:

Haha.

NL Central isn't very deep, but I do think right now St. Louis and Houston are as good as any other 1-2 in baseball divisions (only as good or better imo are Angels/A's, and Sox/Twins). The East divisions are top to bottom probably the strongest with the NL being the strongest.

NL EAST is Without a doubt. 5 teams over .500. Than the AL Central because they have 3 playoff contenders. The AL East is next because of 2 real contenders(baltimore) isn't gonna hang around much longer. The rest of the divisions suck. AL West is the best of the worst followed by NL West and than the NL Central.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
How can you say NL East wihtout a doubt when AL West teams had a 25-23 record against the NL East? It's close, but if you take out each team's record against Washington, the AL West owned the East.

Because if you look at the AL West Texas and Anaheim immediately scare you. However, Oakland is an average team while Seattle is a cupcake. In the NL East you have no one who scares you as Anaheim does, but you have no cupcakes. Atlanta is Atlanta. The Mets, as usual, have a good but underachieving team. Philly is off and on. The Nats are pretty good. And the Marlins are hugely underachiveing. I think its very close, with Anaheim and Texas being the top 2 teams, but I would put the next 4 out of the NL East and Seattle just sucks. Its about even but an edge to the NL East. I probably shouldnt have said "without a doubt".

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Because if you look at the AL West Texas and Anaheim immediately scare you. However, Oakland is an average team while Seattle is a cupcake. In the NL East you have no one who scares you as Anaheim does, but you have no cupcakes. Atlanta is Atlanta. The Mets, as usual, have a good but underachieving team. Philly is off and on. The Nats are pretty good. And the Marlins are hugely underachiveing. I think its very close, with Anaheim and Texas being the top 2 teams, but I would put the next 4 out of the NL East and Seattle just sucks. Its about even but an edge to the NL East. I probably shouldnt have said "without a doubt".

Apparently you havent looked at the AL West lately. The Rangers are at a downfall and Oakland is on the rise. While the Rangers are hovering around .500 mark the A's just tied the twins for the wildcard.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Apparently you havent looked at the AL West lately.  The Rangers are at a downfall and Oakland is on the rise.  While the Rangers are hovering around .500 mark the A's just tied the twins for the wildcard.

Oh I know, but when you look at Oakland's team do they scare you? I dont know how they're doing as good as they are right now. On the other hand, Texas' offense is insane. All they need is their pitching to be just average.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Oh I know, but when you look at Oakland's team do they scare you? I dont know how they're doing as good as they are right now. On the other hand, Texas' offense is insane. All they need is their pitching to be just average.

That's always the Rangers' problem