Sox @ Royals 7/25/05 Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Pods CS. I think that's the 3rd time in a row.

Ya, cause of the one where he overslid 2nd. A few times this season he goes into a bit of a stolen base slump then gets out of it and goes on a huge streak without getting caught.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Its just baseball.  Our team will go through some similar in the next decade I'm sure

they don't spend. at all. just who did they bring in over the offseason? Terrance Long? they give that "rebuilding" excuse, let me ask you, who better to rebuild with than a 27 year old 5-tool centerfielder?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
How depressing would it be to be a die hard KC Royals fan?

Can you imagine if this happened to the White Sox(what KC has done), I mean this place goes nuts after 1 loss from a team 31 games over.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
they don't spend.  at all.  just who did they bring in over the offseason?  Terrance Long?  they give that "rebuilding" excuse, let me ask you, who better to rebuild with than a 27 year old 5-tool centerfielder?

Their payroll was higher in 1993 than it is right now. That's sad.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
Can you imagine if this happened to the White Sox(what KC has done), I mean this place goes nuts after 1 loss from a team 31 games over.

I don't think there would be that much at all, because there would be so much apathy because everybody would know we were supposed to suck. People get pissed now because they know we are good and are supposed to win most of the time.

Though, maybe not SO nuts.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)

The reason alot of us get upset is because our expectations are high for this team right now. The years this team were out of it, i wasn't too upset after losses.

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
I don't think there would be that much at all, because there would be so much apathy because everybody would know we were supposed to suck. People get pissed now because they know we are good and are supposed to win most of the time.

Though, maybe not SO nuts.

One thing about White Sox fans, even if we are resigned to sucking, we don't accept it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
One thing about White Sox fans, even if we are resigned to sucking, we don't accept it.

Haha. True.

But that's what I love about baseball. It can turn around so fast. Look at the Twins or Detroit, etc.

But there are teams that are doomed to suck until somebody spends money.