Sammee's still an asshole

You should try to catch highlights from last nights O's game. Samme was the potential winning run in the bottom of the 10th. Single to right, as Sammee rounds 3rd he peeks back to check the throw, can see that a good throw will get him, and he slides with his spikes about a foot off the ground into the catcher's chest. He's out, and he pats the catcher on the face, as if to say, no hard feelings.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
You should try to catch highlights from last nights O's game. Samme was the potential winning run in the bottom of the 10th. Single to right, as Sammee rounds 3rd he peeks back to check the throw, can see that a good throw will get him, and he slides with his spikes about a foot off the ground into the catcher's chest. He's out, and he pats the catcher on the face, as if to say, no hard feelings.

I saw it on sportscenter last night, and I hate him even more now. He might as well have dropkicked the catcher, it was that obvious. It's a good thing the catcher had that steal chair with him, or Sammy might've given him the Tombstone.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Anytime a catcher gets run over or gets a cheap shot, most people think it was a clean play. I think catchers should start tagging runners with a double stiff arm to the jaw, even if the play is not close.

Reminds me of a play on my HS baseball team this year. My teammate got caught in a pickle between 3rd and home, short story -- catched tagged him out so hard dead in the back of the head that he fell straight into the ground face-1st. Fun times.... :lol:

hes not as close to ass much of an asshole as jose guillen. Today on the braves game the nats tried to lay down a sac bunt but then mccann threw out guillen at 3rd and guillen went out of his way to go in spikes up at chippers legs and flipped him over. What an ass. Just cuz his team sucks doesn't mean he has to injure the team infront.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
hes not as close to ass much of an asshole as jose guillen.  Today on the braves game the nats tried to lay down a sac bunt but then mccann threw out guillen at 3rd and guillen went out of his way to go in spikes up at chippers legs and flipped him over.  What an ass.  Just cuz his team sucks doesn't mean he has to injure the team infront.

To his credit Chipper handled it like a professional and didn't retaliate or anything.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
In other news:

The sun is still hot.

The planet Pluto is very far away.

and in entertainment news:

Milli Vanilli did not sing on their Grammy-award winning album.

:D

:lolhitting