Beer Blasphemy

Texsox

I was going to thread jack a bit, but decided this would be so disturbing to some purists, it needed it's own thread.

What's your favorite mixed drink with beer as an ingredient? I know most purists will shudder at the thought of mixing a beer with anything else, but I have to admit one guilty pleasure, the Michilada.

The Michilada, as mixed along the border consists of Rose's Lime Juice, sometimes a dash of this or that (Secret of the bar tendress) a salted rim, over ice. A close drink is a beer-a-rita.

It is also sometimes make with Bloody Mary mix.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
Actually, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout with a splash of...what the hell is that raspberry liquer??? A splash of that in there is CRAZY! I tried it once, and was amazed at how good it was. Granted, that was 3 years ago, and would never do it again.

I tried that Youngs Double Chocolate the other day, pretty good stuff. :drink

Do black velvets count. 1/2 Guinness. 1/2 champaign. Good stuff.

Kid, that Chambord, Double Chocolate Stout conbination sounds downright decedant. I will be trying that this weekend.

I'll tell you a great beer dessert. Make a sorbet out of any of the fruit lambics, the framboise being the best imo. just pour the beer into freezable glass bowls and put in the freezer, but sturring it up every 1/2 hour or so so it makes a sluch rather than freezing solid. It's an excellent desert after a beer-tthemed meal.

QUOTE(professionalfan @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
The only margaritas I like are my friends special blend with beer in them.  Yum.

A friend turned me on to this a couple years ago. Cheap beer, cheap tequila, and a frozen limeaid makes for one great margarita.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
The only time I mix beer is for Car Bombs; a pint of Guinness, drop a shot of Jamison/Bailey's in there and drink it as fast as you can.

I've tried this and it is good but not as good as Guinness on its own.

It's not a mix, but in Milwaukee (never found this in Chicago) you could get a spicy Bloody Mary and an 8 oz. chaser of beer. It was probably bad beer, but after a night at Wolski's and the Safehouse...it was much needed and the best thing ever.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
It's not a mix, but in Milwaukee (never found this in Chicago) you could get a spicy Bloody Mary and an 8 oz. chaser of beer.  It was probably bad beer, but after a night at Wolski's and the Safehouse...it was much needed and the best thing ever.

At the bar where I work on Saturday and Sunday mornings/afternoons we have a Bloody Mary bar. We give you a salted glass with ice and you make your own Bloody Mary with the vodka and mix you choose...you also get a 4 oz. beer chaser (Miller Lite unless you ask for something else).

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Do black velvets count.  1/2 Guinness. 1/2 champaign.  Good stuff.

Kid, that Chambord, Double Chocolate Stout conbination sounds downright decedant.  I will be trying that this weekend.

I'll tell you a great beer dessert.  Make a sorbet out of any of the fruit lambics, the framboise being the best imo.  just pour the beer into freezable glass bowls and put in the freezer, but sturring it up every 1/2 hour or so so it makes a sluch rather than freezing solid.  It's an excellent desert after a beer-tthemed meal.

yummy a lambic sounds good this early in the mornin