Another Victory Game Thread 7-30-05

aboz56

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who hates seeing Pods run with 2 strikes on Iguchi? Iguchi definitely seems to get distracted when the runner is in motion, and he's K'd a ton this year because he's trying to protect the runner. Just an observation I've made over the course of this season. And yes, Pods is in a massive stealing slump right now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Last Saturday was the first time he was caught stealing since June 3rd.  So, a week.

How many steals has he had in the last two weeks?

After that stat about AJ not making an error in 68 games, who wants to be he makes a costly error today?

QUOTE(whitesox89 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
since most of us are in here.

I was jw if anyone heard George Offman was on the Score a little bit ago and said the White Sox are still going after Huff but also are now calling Pittsburg about Robb Mackoviak (sp?)

I love Mackowiak, but he's been just brutal since the ASB. 4-32, I'm pretty sure he's hitting. He's a good fit for this team though, so I won't be too upset if we get him. He is a Cubs killer, and also a Sox fan.

QUOTE(whitesox89 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)

I was jw if anyone heard George Offman was on the Score a little bit ago and said the White Sox are still going after Huff but also are now calling Pittsburg about Robb Mackoviak (sp?)

I think Mackowiak gets worse every month of the year. Plus, he's batting .1something in July. I don't want him at all.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
Cmon, Rowand.  That ball was a good foot and a half off the plate.

In Aaron defense, that ball just flat-out dropped off the table.

It looked like a fastball on the corner, Arron was just protecting(fouling it off).

That bottom fell-out of the ball.

Great pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
I love Mackowiak, but he's been just brutal since the ASB.  4-32, I'm pretty sure he's hitting.  He's a good fit for this team though, so I won't be too upset if we get him.  He is a Cubs killer, and also a Sox fan.

I'd rather overpay for Huff than take Mack.

QUOTE(whitesox89 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)

Doesn't suprise me, Mackoviak is a local guy. However, he started out really hot and has cooled off, I pass. Huff or no hitter.