Brooooooce Levine speculates

The Critic

Perhaps we can turn this into a very intelligent baseball discussion:

Is this the last straw? Is there anyone in the world of baseball that really thinks Sammy wasn't one of the most prolific cheaters in the history of baseball? The guy corked and juiced his way to some of the most prestigious records in the history of the game.

Is there anything else we have to see from Sammy to known this guy demolished some of the majesty of the game for the better part of the 90's.

What is this jokers' legacy?

I've asked this question to many, Is it possible that Sosa could play himself out of a FIRST ballot hall of fame induction?

With the roids and cork, if he plays another 3+ years with these terrible numbers i could see a possiblity of missing his first chance.

QUOTE(Stocking @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
I've asked this question to many, Is it possible that Sosa could play himself out of a FIRST ballot hall of fame induction?

With the roids and cork, if he plays another 3+ years with these terrible numbers i could see a possiblity of missing his first chance.

I don't think so.

The HR numbers are too glaring right now, and the steroid thing won't hurt him as much since he has no BALCO to link him to.

Add the 98 "saving baseball" HR race to that, along with the 30-30 of his past, and I think he'll still be a first-ballot guy.

Unfortunate, IMO, since I think he's a prick and a cheater.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
A team like Tampa could sell tickets with him. I think there would be suitors.

Has Lou Pineilla not just beat to death the fact that he wants a RH slugger?

Samme would be good for them.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Has Lou Pineilla not just beat to death the fact that he wants a RH slugger?

Samme would be good for them.

Lou seems to want anything better than what he has right now.. :bang :P

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)

Is this the last straw?  Is there anyone in the world of baseball that really thinks Sammy wasn't one of the most prolific cheaters in the history of baseball?  The guy corked and juiced his way to some of the most prestigious records in the history of the game.

Is there anything else we have to see from Sammy to known this guy demolished some of the majesty of the game for the better part of the 90's.

What is this jokers' legacy?

He was a potential 5-tool player and he turned himself into a comic book character. His legacy? A one dimensional buffoon.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)

The guy corked and juiced his way to some of the most prestigious records in the history of the game.

The ultimate irony is that he didn't really attain any records. In every one of his "big" years he was outdone by someone else (a fellow cheater?)