Peter Jennings Dies

Soxy

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
I remember listening to him a few months ago and he had almost no voice left. It was really sad to see, since a voice is such an important part of their profession.

RIP.

That was the day he left the air...

And I agree.. it was very sad. He was so strained.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
I will always remeber the job he did during and after the 9/11 attacks.  He was like the article said a calm soothing voice during a horrible time for the country. 

RIP  :pray

I remember that time. He was on 24/7.

The man had an awesome broadcasting career. May he R.I.P.

In a space of about 9 months, the only 3 network news anchors that I can remember being on the air have all left their networks. That just strikes me as amazing - I grew up not really caring which one I watched, but occasionally watching all 3, and none of them are around any more.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Jennings.

With soooo many more choices, we probably have seen the end of the mega anchor. In the days of the "Big 3" networks, there was a huge built in viewership for network news. I just don't see another Jennings, Cronkite, etc. coming down the road and having a 3 or 4 decade career in the top spot. Rating will nail them first.

QUOTE(56789 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
I think in April.

You are correct. It's in the article above that Soxy posted. Good read for those that want to know anything more than just the fact that he's passed.