**Official 2005 High School Football Thread**

Doubles start this week or next for most schools.

Warren Township High School Blue Devils should be decent. They have a division 1 running back in Mitchell Moore. Iowa is in pursuit of him among a few other big schools.

First game is the 26th AT New Trier, I believe.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
Warren will be dominated by New Trier

I know nothing about New Trier but I will be at this game. Marcus Lewis and Mitchell Moore are two good weapons for Warren. Moore could be a division 1 back.

Pontiac High School (5A) switches to the option for the first time this year after last year's quarterback Mike Long (my brother!:P) graduated and moved on to division 2 football. A perennial conference winner, look for Pontiac to be more defensively oriented than in previous years.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
our best 2 players got suspended for substance abuse policy infranctions.

son of a b****..

Our players get caught and then slapped on the wrist. The team got caught at a party last week, and the cops said everyone had to leave and it'll be cool.

Some of the baseball players got caught as well, were charged or whatever, and still werent suspended by the school.

This must be the Texas branch of Sox talk.

High School football are you serious?

Way too much pressure is put on high school kids today to perform so a lot of kids quit and never play again.

When I was in high school the starting center on the basketball team quit as a soph and our best tail back and corners quit after thier junior years because too much is asked of kids today.

If you cant go out and have some beers with your buddies in high school because of sports than something is wrong.

Sports are not the most imporant thing in the world. but the assholes who think they are ruin them for everyone else

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
This must be the Texas branch of Sox talk.

High School football are you serious?

Way too much pressure is put on high school kids today to perform so a lot of kids quit and never play again.

When I was in high school the starting center on the basketball team quit as a soph and our best tail back and corners quit after thier junior years because too much is asked of kids today.

If you cant go out and have some beers with your buddies in high school because of sports than something is wrong.

Sports are not the most imporant thing in the world. but the assholes who think they are ruin them for everyone else

You're acting like we are betting on games and such. We have this thread every year. Fun to check in on Fri or Sat nights to keep up on schools.

Most of us are out of school and just follow our alma mater's.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
You're acting like we are betting on games and such. We have this thread every year. Fun to check in on Fri or Sat nights to keep up on schools.

Most of us are out of school and just follow our alma mater's.

Exactly. I remember last year how Stevenson beat some team in their own conference in the playoffs, I forgot who it was though.... :)