**Official 2005 High School Football Thread**

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Whoops. 21-14, Blue Devils win the season opener.

It was an excellent game. I wasn't nearly as impressed with Mitchell Moore as I was with the reciever, and even the quarterback for that matter.

The New Trier defense came out soft, but held there own after the first quarter.

The winning touchdown, for people who care, was a deflected ball off of a New Trier defender which then hit off the facemask of a Warren player and into another Warren player's hands with 17 seconds remaining in the game. It was incredible, but right place at the right time I guess.

Oh well, Warren is terribly overrated from what I could gather and I don't expect much of them unless they somehow put it all together as the season moves forward.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
If you cant go out and have some beers with your buddies in high school because of sports than something is wrong.

Yeah, sports prevents that, and that little thing about it being against the law, the reason any policy is in place. Obviously any one can go out and do it and does it, everyone knows the consequences though

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
Obviously any one can go out and do it and does it, everyone knows the consequences though

As in tonight. As in last year when one of our starting PGs was suspended.

Kids will drink. Kids will like it. Kids don't care.

And I'm buzzed right now.

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
If you cant go out and have some beers with your buddies in high school because of sports than something is wrong.

Sports are not the most imporant thing in the world. but the assholes who think they are ruin them for everyone else

HE GONE!

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
Haha yep  :)

I didnt go to the game though :( I heard it was a great turnout on both sides.

ya it was,i went sox game was on WCIU and i dont get it, it was tough to se a bunch of my friends start and get killed my good friend made his starting QB Debut Peirce and obviously didnt turn out to good...last time we were out at ISU we won D-8 championship so it brought back good memories..until the game started

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Well since I wasn't there, could you tell me how the team looked?

Well a ton of penelties where thrown, you could defenetily tell it was both teams first game, but lemont looked good, and like rourke said they just blitzed Peirce like no tommorow also your FB( i forgot his name) Looked like a stud

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Yeah, Tim Cummins is awesome. He won the fastest player award for the conference I think.

Thanks for the info  :cheers

Damn the two hour drive down to ISU :(

well i kinda wished i didnt go lol but i am the schools football commentator so i kind of had to be there

Edited by Spod=Ratings

Glenbrook South Titans (4-5) beat the Glenbrook North Spartans (9-0) by a score of 21-26.

Tommy Gochis rushes for 121 Yards and 2 TD's and Sophomores Sean Progar (2 TD's) and QB Ryan McGrath (8/15 1 TD 116 Yards) all shine in thier Varsity debuts.

I'm telling you, Titans are a team to look out for.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Glenbrook South Titans (4-5)  beat the Glenbrook North Spartans (9-0) by a score of 21-26.

Tommy Gochis rushes for 121 Yards and 2 TD's and Sophomores Sean Progar (2 TD's) and QB Ryan McGrath (8/15 1 TD 116 Yards) all shine in thier Varsity debuts.

I'm telling you, Titans are a team to look out for.

No, GBN just sucks this year.

Lemont beat Evergreen Park 28-6 tonight.

However, we lost our best player (who was being scouted by Iowa, and if he had a good season he was likely to get a partial or full scholly offer) to, what the trainer thinks, a torn ACL. I feel so bad for him and hope the trainer is wrong.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
They returned Visoky, Roberts and Blue all from a playoff team.  Dont tell me they arent good this year.

Blue is overrated and our QB sucks ass. They'll be decent this year, but last year's team was senior heavy with some stud complementary juniors. I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs with their schedule. New Trier should beat us, Maine South will beat us, and Deerfield, Highland Park, and Maine West will all be tough conference games. I'll be surprised if GBN makes the playoffs this year. I'm thinking GBS will go into conference play 4-0 because the rest of their schedule sucks ass (unless they changed it this year) and then struggle in conference to 5-4 or 6-3, making the playoffs and losing early.