**Official 2005 High School Football Thread**

Maine South beat New Trier. New Trier's lackluster defensive backfield hung in there, and the defense as a whole was able to keep them in the game throughout. However, the offense failed to complete a first down in the first half minus a pass interference, and even with the run at the end of the game, completed only five passes with a figure I would guess resulted in a total yards gained of under a hundred.

Can't win like that. Star Tyler Knight made the play of the game, not with his arm, but with his leg. With New Trier pressing, down 24-14 with 5 minutes to go, the ball was snapped over Knights head and the ball was rolling back close to the 10, Knight picked it up and booted it which made for a 60 yard differential.

As for Knight, he really didnt impress me at all. He had three touchdown passes and all can be explained. The one right before the half, the time had expired, and I counted to five with the clock at "0:00" before the play got off. The refs made a huge blunder there. Then the pass was tipped, and went right into the hands of a Maine South reciever good for another touchdown.

Just an all around bad game that New Trier didn't deserve to win, but if they meet again in the playoffs, I would bet money on New Trier winning if they are able to play up to their potential.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
Maine South beat New Trier.  New Trier's lackluster defensive backfield hung in there, and the defense as a whole was able to keep them in the game throughout.  However, the offense failed to complete a first down in the first half minus a pass interference, and even with the run at the end of the game,  completed only five passes with a figure I would guess resulted in a total yards gained of under a hundred.

Can't win like that.  Star Tyler Knight made the play of the game, not with his arm, but with his leg.  With New Trier pressing, down 24-14 with 5 minutes to go, the ball was snapped over Knights head and the ball was rolling back close to the 10, Knight picked it up and booted it which made for a 60 yard differential.

As for Knight, he really didnt impress me at all.  He had three touchdown passes and all can be explained.  The one right before the half, the time had expired, and I counted to five with the clock at "0:00" before the play got off.  The refs made a huge blunder there.  Then the pass was tipped, and went right into the hands of a Maine South reciever good for another touchdown.

Just an all around bad game that New Trier didn't deserve to win, but if they meet again in the playoffs, I would bet money on New Trier winning if they are able to play up to their potential.

I did the postgame show and produced it. The refs weren't good at all but New Trier's strategy was very questionable. It was obvious that we couldn't run the ball because of the great defense of Maine South and we kept running. Also almost every pass was a bomb instead of short passes to set up the long ones.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 05:41 AM)
I did the postgame show and produced it.  The refs weren't good at all but New Trier's strategy was very questionable.  It was obvious that we couldn't run the ball because of the great defense of Maine South and we kept running.  Also almost every pass was a bomb instead of short passes to set up the long ones.

New Trier couldn't run the ball because Duda couldn't complete a pass. That's not wrong strategy, that's not executing.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
New Trier couldn't run the ball because Duda couldn't complete a pass.  That's not wrong strategy, that's not executing.

no New Trier ran most of their plays and all of the passes that Duda made were bombs. I thought short passes would've worked better and than throwing in a bomb. The Wide Outs were terrible to. Not all the blame should be on Duda.

Glenbrook south is 6-1 about to play 5-2 new trier now this is going to be a great game south is a great team there only lost came from main south which was a great game it was tied 13 to 13 at half and with 7 min left in the game they were down by 6 then fell apart. new trier and glenbrook south are playing for 2nd place in the csl behind main south also playing for a hosting game in the playoffs. now this is going to be a game to go to but i think glenbrook south is going to take it althogh they are un heard of there defence is amazing and its so hard to stop there offence. on offence they have so many wepons they have a Punishing fullback tommy gochis they have a 6foot6 reciever danny monckton and if that is not enugh they have play maker dontay marshall and a great QB

tell me if you think otherwise!!!!!

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
GBS isn't a good team just yet. They aren't bad, I'm still embarrased they beat GBN.

Yea, that surprises the hell out of me. New Trier gave up a fumble for a touchdown, and then an interception for a touchdown on the first two plays of the game. They didn't do anything else after that.

How'd GBN fare?

Edited by redandwhite

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
How'd GBN fare?

They destroyed Niles North. GBN is now 4-0 in conference, 5-3 overall. Granted our conference sucks, Deerfield is a pretty solid team and we destroyed them 35-7 on the road. That still is Deerfield's only loss. GBN has most likely improved as the season has gone on. They would probably get GBS back considering it was the opener and we lost in a close game. That said, GBS is an improving program and should be real good in a year or 2.

Yea, that surprises the hell out of me.  New Trier gave up a fumble for a touchdown, and then an interception for a touchdown on the first two plays of the game.  They didn't do anything else after that.

How'd GBN fare?

GBS should have beaten New Trier they just had a bad game they were up 14 to nothing and they were on the 1 yard line 2 Times in the game and did not convert i think that it was bad coaching they should have givin the ball to thier full back. there quarterback also threw 4 picks and one ran back for a tuchdown so they should have won but a loss is a loss and they have to take it. GBS will most likely play New Treir in the first round of the play offs and that will be a great game

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
GBS should have beaten New Trier they just had a bad game they were up 14 to nothing and they were on the 1 yard line 2 Times in the game and did not convert i think that it was bad coaching they should have givin the ball to thier full back. there quarterback also threw 4 picks and one ran back for a tuchdown so they should have won but a loss is a loss and they have to take it. GBS will most likely play New Treir in the first round of the play offs and that will be a great game

I guess I saw it differently.

Biggest game in 8A, possibly ever. Undefeated Warren vs. Undefeated Stevenson in Gurnee.

Winner could get #1 seed for playoffs next week.

I had to go to the field to do some equipment tests and it is huge. Lots of seats added, plus the home Warren side was redone over the summer and is huge.

Should be a classic.

Comcast is taping it as their Game of the Week to air next week and it will be LIVE on WKRS 1220 AM in Lake County.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Biggest game in 8A, possibly ever. Undefeated Warren vs. Undefeated Stevenson in Gurnee.

Winner could get #1 seed for playoffs next week.

I had to go to the field to do some equipment tests and it is huge. Lots of seats added, plus the home Warren side was redone over the summer and is huge.

Should be a classic.

Comcast is taping it as their Game of the Week to air next week and it will be LIVE on WKRS 1220 AM in Lake County.

I expect some unbiast announcing. :rolly