Argument I heard this morning on the radio

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
It was Harold Reynolds talking to someone who said Carribean ball players don't know some of the rules of the game. It ended with him being called a racist and him hanging up the phone.

Does anyone have the whole story?

Please delete or add this to another thread if necessary.  Thx.

I heard Mike & Mike referring to it but didn't get the story either...

Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks.

All I caught was him making the comment and Reynolds (I think) kept asking him what he meant and which rules he was referring to specifically. The guy kept wanting to move on and Reynolds kept grilling him. Finally it got heated and the guy threatened to end the call, to which Reynolds responded "that's fine with me you racist" Click, dial tone.

Good stuff.

Again, I don't know who the two guys involved are.

Heres your update:

Actually it wasn't Harold Reynolds...

It was a soundbyte from KFNS St. Louis where Bob Feller railed on Carribean players...saying that they don't know the rules of the game. the radio host of KFNS in St. Louis (Mike Clairborn)..tried to ask Feller what particular rule they don't understand and Feller said that he wasn't going to argue with the host and would end the interview...Clairborn told him to go ahead and hang up...."You racist"

Thanks, I do what I can :D

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Heres your update:

It was a soundbyte from KFNS St. Louis where Bob Feller railed on Carribean players...saying that they don't know the rules of the game. the radio host of KFNS in St. Louis (Mike Clairborn)..tried to ask Feller what particular rule they don't understand and Feller said that he wasn't going to argue with the host and would end the interview...Clairborn told him to go ahead and hang up...."You racist"

Thanks, I do what I can  :D

Thx man. :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 08:10 AM)
Heres your update:

Thanks, I do what I can  :D

Are you sure about that? Because I can cite a different "anti-caribbean ballplayer" story

A guy on the radio in Frisco named Larry Krueger...on the station that carries the Giants, went on a rant during the postgame show. He complained about too many "brain-dead Caribbean hitters hacking at slop nightly" and said Alou's "mind has turned to Cream of Wheat."

Felipe Alou got pissed and made it an issue (rightly so). Krueger was suspended last week, and fired yesterday.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
Are you sure about that?  Because I can cite a different "anti-caribbean ballplayer" story

A guy on the radio in Frisco named Larry Krueger...on the station that carries the Giants, went on a rant during the postgame show.  He complained about too many "brain-dead Caribbean hitters hacking at slop nightly" and said Alou's "mind has turned to Cream of Wheat."

Felipe Alou got pissed and made it an issue (rightly so).  Krueger was suspended last week, and fired yesterday.

Well yes that was also an incident that occured this week. But the one being discussed on Mike & Mike this morning was the St. Louis, Bob Feller interview.

Both stories are a little odd...

QUOTE(Spiff @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Feller sounded like an idiot.  The host kept asking him what rules the Carribean players don't know and he was just like "uh...I don't know, I don't have a rule book.  But they don't know 'em". :headshake

:lol:

so basically he said "I don't know the rules they don't know, but they don't know 'em so they're stupid"???

hahahahahahaha.............imbecile.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
:lol:

so basically he said "I don't know the rules they don't know, but they don't know 'em so they're stupid"???

hahahahahahaha.............imbecile.

Yeah, pretty much. It was weak.