White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/12/05

nitetrain8601

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Dye has to adjust to that slow curve, he's having problems staying back on it.

He was crushing that slow stuff a month ago. He's getting too far out in front, and even when he makes good contact, he has nothing behind his swing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
He was crushing that slow stuff a month ago.  He's getting too far out in front, and even when he makes good contact, he has nothing behind his swing.

I'd much rather have him hit a slump in August than in October

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
I'd much rather have him hit a slump in August than in October

Of course. I just relate it to what an expert on the A's said before the season. Dye will go through stretches where he's just amazing at the plate, crushing the ball all over the field. However, he'll also have extended stretches of time where he looks like a big stiff at the plate who's never seen live pitching before. Basically, the guy said he's a streaky hitter!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
We didn't score that inning, but we worked Wells, having some solid ABs, and have his pitch count up to 57.

At this rate, he'll be lucky to go 6, maybe even 5.

Salivating over that Red Sox bullpen...3rd worst bulpen ERA in the big leagues....

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
Red Sox hitters are stepping out on Buehrle an awful lot, maybe he needs to throw them a little chin music B)

Of course they are...this is a team that likes to slow the game down almost as much as Oakland.