Gamethread sunday vs sawx 8/14/05

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
From what I remember, Fenway is in MUCH, MUCH better shape then Wrigley.  I haven't been there in like 5 years, so maybe it's gone to crap, but considering it's age, it's in OK shape. :huh

There isn't concrete falling from the UD... but I would say it's very close to a tie. It's worse than it was when I was there for the All Star game in '99.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Because they had dumped 15 truckloads of sand on the field for the upcomming Stones concert there. Also Bossard did not install "his system" there. he made improvements to their existing system. To install his that field would have to be tore up completely. From what some fans around us said it's better than it used to be. But the rain came so fast, so maybe that was part of the problem. All I know is they were dumbfounded. Using portable pumps to get the water off the warning track and from behind the plate.

really, I heard different. I also heard that once he got to the field it was 6 inches lower after he renovated it. Maybe he was just a consultant on the project then. I dont know why every team doesnt hire Roger. His field is clearly superior and his drainage system is dominant.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
really, I heard different.  I also heard that once he got to the field it was 6 inches lower after he renovated it.  Maybe he was just a consultant on the project then.  I dont know why every team doesnt hire Roger.  His field is clearly superior and his drainage system is dominant.

What's different...? He made improvements. It is lower. Didn't help too much though.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
By the way.. Boston sucked. That park is worse than I remembered. The fans we encountered were rude, rude, rude. Yesterday we had a Cub fan sitting behind us who did nothing but talk all about the Sox.. the Sox players, the park, the owner, etc, etc... Finally, after he was giving the Red Sox fan next to him some bad info, I turned around and corrected him, and he tried to argue with me..  :rolly  to which I responded with "why if you're a Cubs fan are you spending the day talking about the White Sox.. isn't your team playing today..?" The Red Sox fan laughed.. never heard another peep from the Cub fan. Saw a lot of Cub fans out there which made absoultely no sense to me. Even less sense was the amount of $$ people pay for tickets there. On our way in both Saturday and yesterday we heard people buying SRO tickets for over $150 each. SRO is at the top of the steps, and with the roof overhang you can not see anything hit in the air. And it's cramped, stuffy, and no air circulation, concessions are shoved together - and the food is icky, bathrooms suck and are not adequate. A lot of people passed out both days. Overall Jim is glad he got to see the park. One more reason to be thankful when writing our ST check in February. Probably will never go back there though.

It's funny how nostalgia can blind some people to reality. I've been to a few games at Fenway and have to admit your analysis is correct, although I had great luck getting seats at face value right outside the park. I also watched them play NY one night which was very exciting. But the fans were very annoying...I can only imagine how much more annoying they are now being the champs.