Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
And he gets plunked on the hand!  :angry:

That one was a 9 pitch at bat, he had a couple of those against both Boston and New York. He's definately doing something different...a week ago he was never getting this deep into counts.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
That one was a 9 pitch at bat, he had a couple of those against both Boston and New York.  He's definately doing something different...a week ago he was never getting this deep into counts.

Uribe is Jekyll and Hyde. This year he's been more Hyde, but lately he's looked MUCH better. :D

That one was a 9 pitch at bat, he had a couple of those against both Boston and New York.  He's definately doing something different...a week ago he was never getting this deep into counts.

I think he finally figured out to keep his hands where they are and not pull them back and try and hit homeruns.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Just remember...I believe he was drafted before a couple guys named Prior and Teixiera, so comparisons with those 2 are pretty valid.

you gotta remember that Mauer was out for pretty much all last year with a knee injury. So this is is his first full season in the Major Leagues

That was a solid first inning. Looked like the Red Sox and Yankees last week. They made the pitcher work. Sure they didn't score, but they saw a ton of pitches, and limitted how deep he can go in today's game.

Of course now, Lohse will now use 45 pitches to record the next 24 outs as the Twins win 1-0.

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
That play make me sad in pants.

It wasn't a bad play. It was actually smart, as we tried to avoid the PK DP that was just as likely to happen if he hit the ball on the ground. It was just something that happens when a ball is blooped on the infield like that.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
That was a solid first inning. Looked like the Red Sox and Yankees last week. They made the pitcher work. Sure they didn't score, but they saw a ton of pitches, and limitted how deep he can go in today's game.

Of course now, Lohse will now use 45 pitches to record the next 24 outs as the Twins win 1-0.

We have a much better chance at getting to Lohse than we do the Twins bullpen.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)

obvoisuly you have not been following the exploits of Kyle Lohse this year. He is either really effecient with his pitches, or he has innings like that first inning and only goes 5 and throws 110 pitches

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
obvoisuly you have not been following the exploits of Kyle Lohse this year. He is either really effecient with his pitches, or he has innings like that first inning and only goes 5 and throws 110 pitches

ROFL get a load of Hawk going off on Moronotti!!1!

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
Oh gee, I dunno Hawk.  Considering he would instantly become the best hitter on our team I am sure we could find a spot for him.

It was funny listening to stats about Podsednik today, and just how below average his numbers are for an AL outfielder. Of course, compared to Timo, he's a stud.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Oh gee, I dunno Hawk.  Considering he would instantly become the best hitter on our team I am sure we could find a spot for him.

No s***. Hawk should stick to play-by-play.