Current 40 man roster

JUGGERNAUT

Can we win it all with the guys we have?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Can we win it all with the guys we have?

• YES
    • NO
    • OTHER

Whether it's $$$ or other factors there's the possibility Aug 31st will pass & this is it. What we have now is what we go to battle with in Oct.

I'm still on the fence. I'd like to see Owens up now to see if he can help us in Oct.

I don't think we owe any loyalty to Timo. He's not good enough to warrant loyalty.

We need players who can help us scratch out runs. Our playoff aspirations are dependant on low scoring stingy games. That's the makeup of this team. If we don't get the kind of pitching & defense that made us the best team in the AL then an extra bat won't make a difference.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
I'm still on the fence.  I'd like to see Owens up now to see if he can help us in Oct.

I don't think we owe any loyalty to Timo.  He's not good enough to warrant loyalty.

I hope you don't mean Terrell Owens! :lolhitting

I vote "Other" because sure they still have the pitching (barring a bad inning or two).But they need that one bat for a offensive spark.Can you say Griffey at DH?

Yeah Owens has lit up AA. Yeah he could be the MVP. But reading Razor Shines thoughts on him in BA's Daily Dish was something in itself, also with the way scouts feel about him. With Anderson already up, he won't be here anytime soon with about only 5 months of AA experience.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
Yeah Owens has lit up AA. Yeah he could be the MVP. But reading Razor Shines thoughts on him in BA's Daily Dish was something in itself, also with the way scouts feel about him. With Anderson already up, he won't be here anytime soon with about only 5 months of AA experience.

But I got that sour feeling that sometimes,minor league success may not transfer to the Major Leagues,with the different pitching,ballparks and all.

QUOTE(WSNS-TV44 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
But I got that sour feeling that sometimes,minor league success may not transfer to the Major Leagues,with the different pitching,ballparks and all.

obviously it doesnt translate because of different pitching, but actually the barons play in one of the biggest pitchers parks in teh minors. granted i personally think thats a good thing for slap/gap hitters like owens.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
obviously it doesnt translate because of different pitching, but actually the barons play in one of the biggest pitchers parks in teh minors. granted i personally think thats a good thing for slap/gap hitters like owens.

You mean to tell me that a gap hit at Birmingham is the same kind of hit,maybe a homer at the Cell?Hummm,that could be a good sign.

Once the playoffs start...all bets are off. I don't care what happened during the regular season. The last three WS winners were wild cards. If the Sox can play like they did at the beginning of the season, you bet we can win the World Series. If they start playing wide-eyed and hesitant...nope, not gonna do it. And that's whether we add Griffey, Guardado, Owens, Nevin or whoever.

QUOTE(WSNS-TV44 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
I hope you don't mean Terrell Owens! :lolhitting

I vote "Other" because sure they still have the pitching (barring a bad inning or two).But they need that one bat for a offensive spark.Can you say Griffey at DH?

it's hilarious if you think thats all we need 1 bat. If he comes he will be the only guy to hit, we need 8 other hitters... its a team game not a one man show. Teams will just pitch around him, not rocket science.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
Once the playoffs start...all bets are off.  I don't care what happened during the regular season.  The last three WS winners were wild cards.  If the Sox can play like they did at the beginning of the season, you bet we can win the World Series.  If they start playing wide-eyed and hesitant...nope, not gonna do it.  And that's whether we add Griffey, Guardado, Owens, Nevin or whoever.

I liked everyone on that "add-on" list,except Nevin.

But you're right.The regular season records don't matter in the Post-season.Everybody's 0-0,and needs 11 win to take it all.I hope the Sox have enough gas to make that dream come true.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
it's hilarious if you think thats all we need 1 bat. If he comes he will be the only guy to hit, we need 8 other hitters... its a team game not a one man show. Teams will just pitch around him, not rocket science.

Yeah,I know it's one a one man show.There's 8 others guys that need to step it up at the plate.But even if we don't get Griffey Jr.,hopefully Anderson and Owens (Not T.O.!) could do what they did in the minors,plus guys like Paulie,Rowand,Crede,AJ,etc. had better improve their hittings skills soon.If that happens,then I think we got a shot.Because good pitching can only go so far.