Bret Boone???

Boxer83080

QUOTE(Boxer83080 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Everyone is brain washed with this URibe is good s***...He sucks...Look at his career vs. Boone's career..Uribe can't hit..can't bunt...everytime he's up you don't know what to expect

I know he sucks, but I'd rather have a young player that sucks than an old player that sucks.

Alright Tony here is your answer..Stats don't mean s***...The Sox are 74-46 and have the worst Batting Average in pretty much all of baseball...So don't give me all these stats...It comes down to crunch time...who would you rather have...a proven player at the major league level who has been there before...or someone who just plain old sucks...Let me ask you who would you pitch around...Uribe or Boone...

QUOTE(Boxer83080 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
Alright Tony here is your answer..Stats don't mean s***...The Sox are 74-46 and have the worst Batting Average in pretty much all of baseball...So don't give me all these stats...It comes down to crunch time...who would you rather have...a proven player at the major league level who has been there before...or someone who just plain old sucks...Let me ask you who would you pitch around...Uribe or Boone...

Are you talking 2005 Boone or 2001 Boone? You can not compare the two.

Well to me this is panic time....I think we are all frustrated with this Sox team rightnow...they need something...We have to win now...we are not getting griff...or young...who's left??? At least make some kind of move...we need something to be happy about again...I mean all we have was the Geoff Blum trade...and I nearly pissed my pants when that happened...this is bogus

QUOTE(Boxer83080 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
Well to me this is panic time....I think we are all frustrated with this Sox team rightnow...they need something...We have to win now...we are not getting griff...or young...who's left???  At least make some kind of move...we need something to be happy about again...I mean all we have was the Geoff Blum trade...and I nearly pissed my pants when that happened...this is bogus

I understand, We are all pulling our hair out. I just don't think Boone is the answer. For the record, Neither is Uribe.

Who's to say Boone would get accepted in the club house. I'm pretty sure he would, but Uribe already is, especially with the Latin players. Anyways, Uribe is just having a better year than Boone. Boone may have better clutch stats in the past, however I don't think it would be that way this year.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
The question needs to be asked again.  Where would Boone play? 

He is NOT a SS and Uribe, the guy you seem to hate so much plays SS. 

Boone has zero fit on this team.

I think Boone could be our new bat boy, just a thought.