Sox @ Minneapolis--Game 1--8/23/05

Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
This was the hardest stretch of the season (6 vs NYY, 6 vs MIN, and 3 vs BOS).  Record so far:  3-9

Here are the remaining games and opponents.

3 vs SEA

4 vs TEX

8 vs DET

3 vs LAA

6 vs KC

6 vs CLE

8 vs MIN

We may need to play that BOS game after all.

The bad part is 14 games left vs CLE and MIN!

Whats our record vs the division I remember a month ago it was 31-5 it has to be somthing like 34-15 by now.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some notes from the game.

Jones went 1-for-15 with eight strikeouts in a four-game series against Seattle over the weekend. ... Garcia lost a road start for the first time since May 9, against Tampa Bay. He is 16-3 in his last 22 starts away from home. ... Former Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, now with the White Sox after he was traded to San Francisco before the 2004 season, was booed mildly. Before his second at-bat, one fan along the first-base line yelled, ``You're a bum, A.J.!'' Then someone screamed, ``We miss you!'' seconds later

Just got back from the dome. There were a decent amount of Sox fans there. We were sitting 2 rows behind the Sox bullpen. Man Soo was super chatty all game, like usual. Marte tossed me the ball he was warming up with in the 9th, which was the highlight of the night.

Hopefully we can put together a few hits tomorrow. I'd like to turn around my 0-3 record at Twins games this year.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:36 AM)
Just got back from the dome.  There were a decent amount of Sox fans there.  We were sitting 2 rows behind the Sox bullpen.  Man Soo was super chatty all game, like usual.  Marte tossed me the ball he was warming up with in the 9th, which was the highlight of the night.

When Marte tossed you the ball, was it high and outside?

I am going to incur some major hate when I say this, but I have no problem with losing that game last night.

That was the best baseball game I have seen in years at least. When you throw in the pitching that Santana did, the pitching that Garcia did, especially to pitch over the Ozuna error, the catch by Ford, the catch by Stewart, the catch by Dye, and the play at first base on the Ozuna bunt, that game was a pleasure to watch.

I will be thrilled to death if we play like that in the playoffs. We hit a lot of balls hard off of the reigning Cy Young pitcher, the Twins defense was just always in the right place. There is nothing you can do about that. Our pitching and defense were absolutely unbelievable, and one stinking pitch doesn't change that.

Honestly I am proud of the way the Sox played last night. In years past this team would have found a way to lose that game. Last night the Twins found a way to win it before we did, and to me there is a big difference there. The Sox have zero reasons to hang their heads after last night :cheers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
I am going to incur some major hate when I say this, but I have no problem with losing that game last night. 

That was the best baseball game I have seen in years at least.  When you throw in the pitching that Santana did, the pitching that Garcia did, especially to pitch over the Ozuna error, the catch by Ford, the catch by Stewart, the catch by Dye, and the play at first base on the Ozuna bunt, that game was a pleasure to watch.

I will be thrilled to death if we play like that in the playoffs.  We hit a lot of balls hard off of the reigning Cy Young pitcher, the Twins defense was just always in the right place.  There is nothing you can do about that.  Our pitching and defense were absolutely unbelievable, and one stinking pitch doesn't change that.

Honestly I am proud of the way the Sox played last night.  In years past this team would have found a way to lose that game.  Last night the Twins found a way to win it before we did, and to me there is a big difference there.  The Sox have zero reasons to hang their heads after last night :cheers

I can see where you're coming from. I think the fact the Indians won on an absolute horses*** call made our loss seem even worse. We just need to go back to finding ways to win...and then we can feel confident about playoff baseball.