Franky likey the 2 hole

Cali

3-5 with a double. Is he looking as good as the GameChannel says?

This line-up seems to have worked, maybe we'll see it for a couple more games. Konerko is 0-5 but has an RBI, and 2 Runs scored! :lol: Olivo is on f***ing FIRE!

he's looking pretty good, a lot better than he has looked.

the real question is, what will the lineup be tomorrow?

Graffanino will likely play again tomorrow in place of Valentin, which means Jimenez will be playing second.

do you have Jiminez lead off and Thomas bat second with Graffanino batting 8th? Or do you have Graffanino leadoff with Thomas batting second and Jimenez batting 8th? or do you have Jimenez leadoff with Graffy batting second and Thomas going third?

should be interesting.

Graffanino will likely play again tomorrow in place of Valentin, which means Jimenez will be playing second.

do you have Jiminez lead off and Thomas bat second with Graffanino batting 8th? Or do you have Graffanino leadoff with Thomas batting second and Jimenez batting 8th? or do you have Jimenez leadoff with Graffy batting second and Thomas going third? 

should be interesting.

I would think it would be something similar to what we see tonight. Probably Jimenez leading off, Graffy in the 8 hole. We'll see.

I'd let Graffy leadoff again, stick with the hot hand. Put Jimenez in the 8 with Olivo in the 9 hole.

I wonder if this lineup has much of a future. With Frank hitting in the 2 hole it definately helps spread the lefties, plus Frank really is getting on base and it will put him in a position to see a ton of fastballs, hopefully getting in a groove.

I'm still in shock of this lineup.

Only Jerry Manuel could put together a lineup like this. :lol:

I'm thinking the lineup tomorrow should be the same as today's....with the only possible substitution being DJ in the 8 hole where Valentin hits. I'd also get someone, anyone out there in CF in place of Harris. He's been up here a week and already his average is .059. He's either a AAAAer, or he'll figure it out somewhere else or at some other time. Right now....he isn't major league quality.

I guess stick with what works for now... we'll see how this lineup does the next few games, assuming he uses it.

Now we KNOW not to expect for this lineup to be used tomorrow. Once it clicks, change it, is Jerry Manuel's motto...IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!

I'm still in shock of this lineup. 

Only Jerry Manuel could put together a lineup like this.  :lol:

I'm thinking the lineup tomorrow should be the same as today's....with the only possible substitution being DJ in the 8 hole where Valentin hits.  I'd also get someone, anyone out there in CF in place of Harris.  He's been up here a week and already his average is .059.  He's either a AAAAer, or he'll figure it out somewhere else or at some other time.  Right now....he isn't major league quality.

I'd keep playing Harris. The Sox got to figure out if he can play and the only way to do that imo is to keep playing him for about two weeks straight (give Rios a few starts though) and then see how he's doing. Harris has really never had a period where he got consistent at bats to adjust at the major league level. I think we give him one shot to get them, and then if that doesn't work, look elsewhere.

should be interesting.

when you jerk the line up around and it works....you ride it out..you stick jimenez on the bench and go with the exact same line up tomorrow...if the line up scores 8 runs toimorrow then you t ake it into seattle..

graffy got on base 6 out of 6 times...leave the line up as it is

Only Jerry Manuel could put together a lineup like this.  :lol:

This move isn't a big surprise. Manuel has wanted a guy like Lee in the two hole for a long time because he'll walk. With Thomas there you've got a great guy who can walk and hit.

I am a huge Anti-Willie Harris guy, but I thought he looked OK at the plate yesterday. Almost got on with a bunt, took a walk, etc. I love Frank in the 2 hole, he's going to see some good pitches to hit, plus he'll obviously take a walk if it's there--what you want from your #2. I also think if I'm Jerry Manuel, Tony Graffanino plays everyday until he shows he can't. I don't care where you play him--get him a catcher's mitt if you have to, the Sox seem to like using 3 catchers anyways.

the 83 team took off when Fisk started batting 2nd -

just a reminder ... ;)

Now they just need to trade Tony Bernazard for Julio Cruz and the rest is history.

the 83 team took off when Fisk started batting 2nd -

just a reminder ... ;)

Now they just need to trade Tony Bernazard for Julio Cruz and the rest is history.

no, we just need to find someone to trade D'Lo for - or Willie - or whoever is the 2nd baseman de jour

This move isn't a big surprise. Manuel has wanted a guy like Lee in the two hole for a long time because he'll walk. With Thomas there you've got a great guy who can walk and hit.

The only drawback at all is that Frank is like Human Cholesterol on the basepaths!

Not that the Sox run all that much anyway, but Valentin runs a lot faster than Frank.

But if hitting #2 wakes his bat up, then #2 he will stay!!!

Anyone else notice Konerko went a quiet 0 for 5 last night?  Didn't think so.  Maybe it's better if no one pays attention to him.

Ya know, it's getting a little late in the season (about 1/5 of the way through) for PK to be struggling as much as he is.

What's the story?!