Rekindled interest

TheBigHurt

For some reason, the biggest Sox year ever(this year) has rekindled my interest in baseball cards. I've had hundreds upon thousands of cards back when my parents were going card crazy, and we've had them locked away for years. I had, after a while, completely lost interest as a card collecter. But now I have come to find certain cards as personal trausures, not as money. I took it upon myself to go into the closet and drag all the old cards out, went through them, and found an astounding number of great cards, mainly Sox(that's all I was really interested in finding ^_^).

If you want to deem this as pointless, fair enough, but I thought I'd share my new found joy with you.

I have found so many Sox cards that I had no idea I even had that I have now converted into 1 binder of favorites. Of course, many of these are old and many of these players were not on the Sox at the time. Anyways I found various cards I now treasure, such as these players:

1988 - Legends of Baseball - Ken Harrelson(^_^)

Darrin Jackson - Donruss 94

Upper Deck Silver Signature - Frank Thomas(^___^)

Various Frank Thomas

Dustin Hermanson Upper Deck Rookie Class (^_^)

Various Robin Ventura

Various Roberto Alomar

Various Jack McDowell

Upper Deck Sammy Sosa Rookie Card(SHUT UP!)

Don Pall - Donrus 90(Oh, what the hell XD)

I have now been reintroduced to the card collecting joys of my childhood ^_^

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
I almost have the entire 1959 team.  I have been buying them off of ebay very cheap.  Cool stuff to have.

I have the 1958 team set, as well as 1966 and 1976 thru 2005. Still working on the early 70's though. Had to put a stop to the collecting since I moved earlier this month. No time, or money!

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
But now I have come to find certain cards as personal trausures, not as money.

This is the best way to do it. You don't get all worked up over 'book value' and all that other crap. Enjoy them. Get a case and mount them on the all like art. I took a whole bunch of assorted cards of Sox players, different brands, years and players, and glued them to a backing board, put a matte board around the edges and framed it. I have it hangin in my office at work, so anyone that comes into my space sees that first!

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
:unsure:  N...NERDS  i have many baseball cards also and a dinkly little 30 card holding case dedicated just to mr. Thomas

HEY, I deserve respect! I mean, nerds deserve respect!

If collecting cards makes me a nerd, oh well. Been called worse!

http://www.sportscardfun.com/trader/twojudds.asp

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
I've got a baseball signed by Bryan Ward, James Baldwin, Keith Foulke and Chad Bradford. That thing's gotta be worth thousands.....

I have a few too many autographs from my younger days...fun stuff to look through now and then :ph34r:

Ya still got lots of that stuff stashed away from my younger days. I still hold on to my 2000 team signed baseball from Picnic in the Park. Got everyone on it except Mr. Jose Valentin, who skipped out on the charity event and from what I hear, got a nice earful for doing so by management.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
I have the 1958 team set, as well as 1966 and 1976 thru 2005.  Still working on the early 70's though.  Had to put a stop to the collecting since I moved earlier this month. No time, or money!

Got anydoubles you'd like to send over? I mean if you don't want doubles, I'm trying to make a scrap book of the SOx teams. I got complete 1987, 1989,1990, 91, 92, Missing 2 from 93. After that i only have one or 2 cards of each year.

I'm missing almost all of the 1988 seasons cards and some 86. Got a few 85 season. Before that nothing.

Just asking

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:13 AM)
Got anydoubles you'd like to send over? I mean if you don't want doubles, I'm trying to make a scrap book of the SOx teams. I got complete 1987, 1989,1990, 91, 92, Missing 2 from 93. After that i only have one or 2 cards of each year.

I'm missing almost all of the 1988 seasons cards and some 86. Got a few 85 season. Before that nothing.

Just asking

I have lots, but for the next month or so, they are in my parent's basement. My basement is filled with boxes, extra furniture and everything that wouldn't fit in the garage. Drop me a PM later, and after I get cleared out, we'll see what we can do.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
For some reason, the biggest Sox year ever(this year) has rekindled my interest in baseball cards. I've had hundreds upon thousands of cards back when my parents were going card crazy, and we've had them locked away for years. I had, after a while, completely lost interest as a card collecter. But now I have come to find certain cards as personal trausures, not as money. I took it upon myself  to go into the closet and drag all the old cards out, went through them, and found an astounding number of great cards, mainly Sox(that's all I was really interested in finding ^_^).

I have now been reintroduced to the card collecting joys of my childhood ^_^

^ Yeah, I just got back a Harold Baines card in the mail he autographed for me. It was arookie card too!

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
I have lots, but for the next month or so, they are in my parent's basement.  My basement is filled with boxes, extra furniture and everything that wouldn't fit in the garage.  Drop me a PM later, and after I get cleared out, we'll see what we can do.

Cool man. Will do, I hope i remember LOL!!

Take your time getting setteld in

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
^ Yeah, I just got back a Harold Baines card in the mail he autographed for me. It was arookie card too!

I've heard about people doing this. What, do you just send t the stadium and hope you get it autographed? And how do u address it?