**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
I thought someone said he sucked in the 5 hole.

Yeah, like I just said, I really thought he had been struggling higher up in the order. I know I wasn't the only one on here that thought he had been struggling higher up in the order. I always liked him batting after Dye in the order, but it doesn't seem like we're going to see any big changes to our lineup. Why not try Dye in the 3 spot?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
Yeah, like I just said, I really thought he had been struggling higher up in the order.  I know I wasn't the only one on here that thought he had been struggling higher up in the order.  I always liked him batting after Dye in the order, but it doesn't seem like we're going to see any big changes to our lineup.  Why not try Dye in the 3 spot?

Why is Dye so low in the order? I am perplexed. :huh Not like Ozzie is afraid to tinker.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
how about a bunch of posts b****ing about the sox scoring a run...

The post you quoted is the reason for the b****ing it is not rocket scientry...see Konerko's last at-bat. Look for a pitch don't get it, swing anyway. There is no strike zone recognition by this team at all.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
Cy Lohe.... and his stuff is very vanilla

Very tall with a unique arm angle. Probably hard to see the ball sometimes. And if by vanilla you mean his slider drops off a table, than yes.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
What are Rowand Dye and Aj's RISP????

I am having server troubles and do not want to change sites.

Rowand:

RISP: 99 ABs, .323 AVG, .861 OPS 3 HR

RISP w/2 out: 51 ABs, .373 AVG, .890 OPS 0 HR

Dye:

RISP: 104 ABs, .279 AVG, .737 OPS 3 HR

RISP w/2out: 57 ABs, .228 AVG, .565 OPS 0 HR

Rowand = god with RISP

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Why would you want him hitting in the 6th/7th spot in the order when you know he's f***ing awesome in the 5th spot?

Because i think Everett should hit there. This would be my lineup.....Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, PK, Everett, Dye, AJ, Uribe, Blum.....

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
Because i think Everett should hit there. This would be my lineup.....Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, PK, Everett, Dye, AJ, Uribe, Blum.....

Everett has been absolutely horrible this year in the 5 hole. 92 ABs, .239 AVG, .725 OPS, 6 HR.

Why put guys in places where they tend not to succeed? Just because you think that's where they should hit?

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)

anyone know why el duque and now ive noticed jenks does too, but they have dirt or something on the back of their hat. its a pretty big spot on the back, and quite frankly im kinda surprised no opposing manager has had the umpire check it. anyone know what it is or why its there?