Blind Faith

bighurt2719

I dont know about you chicken littles, but I still think we have a great chance to go all the way this year. Why do I think that? BECAUSE I AM A WHITE SOX FANATIC!!!!

Please, God, please tell me that we have someone else in this forum that hasnt turned their backs on the sox!! Back me up if you agree!!

Edited by bighurt2719

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
I dont know about you chicken littles, but I still think we have a great chance to go all the way this year. Why do I think that? BECAUSE I AM A WHITE SOX FANATIC!!!!

Please, God, please tell me that we have someone else in this forum that hasnt turned their backs on the sox!! Refrain if you agree!!

:gosox1:

I agree :)

...then again, I also think the Bears have a good chance to win the NFC North, so my opinion might be destroyed by that thought :P

Am I concerned about this team? Damn right I am. But do i believe they can win the whole thing? Damn right I do. Thinks could click back on for these guys just like it was early in the season. It clicked off, but it can click on.

Two weeks from now, we may be on a roll that carries us all the way to the promised land.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
That's what im talking about (minus jimbo)! we need some optimism, at least evey once in a while. just look at the pale hose forum thread list. damn near every thread has the words 'sox' and 'dead' in its title.

I want to see us get on a nice roll in September. We cannot go flat into the playoffs. With our pitching, we can win any series with anyone. We just need to get hot and stay hot. Anything is possible.

My playoff tickets are on the way, so I can't wait. Make me proud Sox!

I do not think it is blind optimism to think the Sox will do well.

All of the facts suggest the White Sox should do well, it is only those who want to look at a small sample size who write about gloom and doom.

1) The White Sox have one of the best pitching rotations in baseball. Pitching not hitting is what wins championships.

2) Every team wins 40 games and loses 40 games. The White Sox won many earlier this year that they should not have won. Eventually the ebb and flow will mean the Sox would lose some games that they should not win.

3) The Indians and Twins have to play each other, and the White Sox. Unless either the Twins or Indians (mainly the Indians at this point) blow out the other 2, there is no way they can catch the Sox.

4) The return of Pods. When a team is built on speed and getting leads early, losing that piece is devastating to the offense.

Eventually the Indians will cool, lose a series, get swept, etc, and next thing you know the Sox magic number will be around 10 with us still having a 5 game or so lead.

Right now 2 things are working against the Sox;

1) The Sox are playing bad.

2) The Indians are playing better than every other team in baseball.

If either of these change, the division is done.

SB

We still got a great chance. Right now it just has people frustrated and no one can blame them with the way they played in August and giving up all those games within a two week span. Hopefully they can turn it around in September though and pad this lead alittle. :gosox1:

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)

All of the facts suggest the White Sox should do well, it is only those who want to look at a small sample size who write about gloom and doom.

1) The White Sox have one of the best pitching rotations in baseball. Pitching not hitting is what wins championships.

2) Every team wins 40 games and loses 40 games. The White Sox won many earlier this year that they should not have won. Eventually the ebb and flow will mean the Sox would lose some games that they should not win.

3) The Indians and Twins have to play each other, and the White Sox. Unless either the Twins or Indians (mainly the Indians at this point) blow out the other 2, there is no way they can catch the Sox.

4) The return of Pods. When a team is built on speed and getting leads early, losing that piece is devastating to the offense.

Eventually the Indians will cool, lose a series, get swept, etc, and next thing you know the Sox magic number will be around 10 with us still having a 5 game or so lead.

SB

I agree with just about everything in this post.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)

The important thing is that although we have lost 10 games on our division lead, that the cost to the Indians has been significant - they have had to play their best baseball of the year to even get w/in striking distance. That we had a huge margin for error is a validation of wins and losses being equal - the ones at the beginning of the season count just as much as the ones at the end.

Cleveland hasn't f***ed up really at all over the past month or so. In order to catch the Sox, they have to continue to play nearly flawless baseball and the Sox have to play s***ty. In other words, pretty much all the pressure is on them to buck the odds. I don't see it happening.

Darlin' I know you're sleepin'

But there's something I've just got to say

Wonder if you'll hear me

While you're dreamin'

You make a lifetime

Out of every day

Thanks to you now I know

All my dreams can come true

Blind Faith in you I got

Blind Faith in you oh yea

Your eyes keep things well hidden

Just a hint of what

You're holding inside

And the first day that I met you

I consider that the first day of my life

Thanks to you now I know

All my dreams can come true

Blind Faith in you I've got

Blind faith in you

And I'm not sure I deserve

A women so true, but I love

That you think I do

With YOu and Faith, beside me

I'm feelin' stronger every day

Blind faith in you I got

Blind faith in you it's true

Blind faith in you I got

Blind faith in you

And I'm not sure I deserve

A woman so true but I love

That you think I do.

Sorry, couldn't resist

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)

SB

great post!! you hit everything right on the head!!! :headbang