Playoff rotation?

VAfan

1. Contreras

2. McCarthy

3. Garcia

4. Buehrle/Garland

Of course I'm making a joke, but I do think Ozzie may have a challenge picking his postseason rotation, and our postseason fates probably rest on whether he makes the right choice.

Needless to say, we also need to make the postseason, which is not yet a done deal. But when Ross Gload rejoins the team, I expect an immediate boost!

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
McCarthy will not be in the rotation!

BOOK IT

You are right about that. My guess would be the rotation would go something like this:

1. Buehrle

2. Garland

3. Garcia

4. Contreras

El Duque needs to go to the bullpen for the playoffs, maybe even now. I think McCarthy can pitch just as well as El Duque from here on out. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
You are right about that.  My guess would be the rotation would go something like this:

1. Buehrle

2. Garland

3. Garcia

4. Contreras

El Duque needs to go to the bullpen for the playoffs, maybe even now.  I think McCarthy can pitch just as well as El Duque from here on out.  Just my opinion.

Dont get me wrong, after the outing he had the other day, i might take him on the playoff roster, but just not as a starter. Duque on the other hand, that guy bring him in for one inning, and hope it aint the "bad" one

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
i wonder if ozzie would want to go righty, lefty, righty for the rotation? Especially since game 1 may be a day game (3:05 start???)

Garcia, Buehrle, Garland??

IF we finish with the best record in the AL, we could have Freddy pitch the third game, on the road...which is what he is best at.

I was making a joke, but only Steff picked up on the green text.

Still, after last night's game, Contreras has to figure in the postseason rotation, perhaps even among the first 3. Lately he's been really hot through the first 5 or 6 innings, which makes him a natural match for a good long reliever. El Duque should fill that role.

Frankly, I could see the postseason rotation look a lot like it looked to start the season:

Buehrle

Garcia

Contreras

Garland

If you love Garcia on the road more than at home, you could flip Contreras and Garcia.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
I was making a joke, but only Steff picked up on the green text.

Still, after last night's game, Contreras has to figure in the postseason rotation, perhaps even among the first 3.  Lately he's been really hot through the first 5 or 6 innings, which makes him a natural match for a good long reliever.  El Duque should fill that role. 

Frankly, I could see the postseason rotation look a lot like it looked to start the season:

Buehrle

Garcia

Contreras

Garland

If you love Garcia on the road more than at home, you could flip Contreras and Garcia.

I like Jose in the 4 hole, despite his dominance as of late, because if we can make it to the CD and WS, he can go game 7 if needed. I think Duque should back up any of the starters in case of they get into a hole early.

I might be the only one, but I think El Duque should definetly be in the rotation, and depending on Contreras, possibly in the 4 spot. El Duque is the only starter with true playoff experience, and has been dominant in the playoffs throughout his career.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
I might be the only one, but I think El Duque should definetly be in the rotation, and depending on Contreras, possibly in the 4 spot.  El Duque is the only starter with true playoff experience, and has been dominant in the playoffs throughout his career.

In the past though he was good during the season 2.... thats not true this season and really there is no reason to think he is suddenly going to be godly in the playoffs.