Sox Fantasy Experience

tonyho7476

My girlfriend and I did the Sox BP fantasy experience yesterday. We had a great time and got to meet several of the players. It started at about 5 and went till almost 6. The players (staff) who took pictures with us and signed were Everett, Rowand, Konerko, Uribe, Raines, and DJ. The nicest guy was Everett. He was real personable and care-free. Konerko was also very nice. He signed my girlfriend's jersey and an 8X10.

Overall, I had a good time. I wish I could have met a few more players, but that did not take away from the experience.

Its awesome that the Sox make this available to the fans. I would definately recommend it to anyone who is a fan.

Go Sox!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
How did you arrange for that?  It sounds really cool!

Just call the Sox...Martha Jo Black to be specific. She handles the fantasy experiences. Its $300 a person, but you also get nice VIP tickets to the game and a premium parking pass.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
I know I will have to do that next year for sure.  Did youget to hit in the cage, if so, did you get ahold of any of them?

No hitting in the cage...not an option. You hang out next to the dugout and watch the action.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
No hitting in the cage...not an option.  You hang out next to the dugout and watch the action.

they should offer a couple of swings in the cage. Make a few good solid contact hits and call it a day. You wouldnt last for more than 20 swings anyway.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
they should offer a couple of swings in the cage.  Make a few good solid contact hits and call it a day.  You wouldnt last for more than 20 swings anyway.

They do offer a 'batting practice day'...but its with your friends, not the Sox, on an off-day...and I believe its $10,000....its for like 20 people($500 a piece) if I remember correctly.

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Tonyho7476- that whole experience sounds awesome! It is a little too expensive for me though. I guess I will have to put some cash aside for next year if I don't spend it all snowmobiling! 

Glad you had a good time! Can't wait to see your pictures! :D

You wouldn't be happy...no AJ...and I didn't even see Pods or Gooch...not sure how that happened. They may have batted before I got there.

if you can do it, I recommend...but I don't have the normal expenses as others...my car is paid off, I don't have an expensive mortgage (come on, its Stickney), and I don't have kids to support. And I make a decent buck, so it means more money in the pocket.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
$300 including vip seats and parking?  that's not terrible.  I may have to look into that for next year

I lucked out...my first one was canceled. After the Sox played the Twinkies to midnight, BP was canceled for the next day and so was my BP experience. But, I got to use the tix (7th row behind the dugout) and parking pass. Then I picked another day and got it all again.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
carl supposedly along with timo are big parts to this clubhouse, despite the medias perception of carl and some dumb comments he made, he actually is a good guy.

Met him in the bar at Soxfest. I was actually kinda suprised that he was so easy-going. Seems like a pretty cool guy to hang around with.

He was eating nachos and joking around with everyone the next day at the private autograph session. He was really having a good time. :)

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
Met him in the bar at Soxfest. I was actually kinda suprised that he was so easy-going. Seems like a pretty cool guy to hang around with.

He was eating nachos and joking around with everyone the next day at the private autograph session. He was really having a good time.  :)

I definately could see that from how he was yesterday. Here is a good quote. He was goofing around with our 'chaperone' and she said keep your dirty hands off me (joking). He said 'I'm sure its not the first time dirty hands have been on you.' I bit my tongue on that one. They knew each other and it was friendly. And funny.