JOE COWLEY RIPS kw TO SHREDS!!!..PLAYERS TOO

baggio202

By far, the dumbest f***ing thing I have ever read on this board.

Oh, I beg to differ on that! Take a gander at the off topic board's present or history - and let us remember that there are those who thought JB was still a major league pitcher! Or that HSC and Steff are faking the information they so kindly share!

And CK, I do live in the same world as you do. So we see things differently.

If there is pie to be offered, make mine blueberry!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost understood that post.  Thanks for bringing it up to 6th grade level, at least.    :headbang

I have responded favorably to some of your "baseball" posts. However it appears that you go from internet site to internet site just spoiling for a fight. Why do you have such an immature insecure needs? I've had some strong disagreements with some folks on this site, but always tried to be civil and roll with the punches when I got slammed. This is my last baseball board, I've left others in part because of folks like you. Do you cut people off on the freeway, slap your girlfriends around, pick fights with jockey sized guys? Somebody needs to not be afraid to tell you that you are a boor.

I have responded favorably to some of your "baseball" posts. However it appears that you go from internet site to internet site just spoiling for a fight. Why do you have such an immature insecure needs? I've had some strong disagreements with some folks on this site, but always tried to be civil and roll with the punches when I got slammed.  This is my last baseball board, I've left others in part because of folks like you. Do you cut people off on the freeway, slap your girlfriends around, pick fights with jockey sized guys? Somebody needs to not be afraid to tell you that you are a boor.

Replies like the one you gave him is just what he's looking for.

He's trying to get under your skin, and it appears that he was successful in doing so. ;)

For those of you that think KW didn't have the credentials for the job I strongly believe your wrong.

Williams is one of the smarter guys in all of baseball. That doesn't neccessarily mean he's going to make a great GM, but he's the one who is given credit for building the Sox farm system, which is what led to the 2000 season. The move looked fine at the time, I guess it didn't turn out right, but thats life.

I will repeat myself I'll take Williams over Evans any day of the week. Evans has a 90 mill payroll or so. If Williams had that, I guarantee the Sox would be defending world champs. Their is a HUGE HUGE difference in payroll and Evans has singlehandedly traded away all the quality prospects that organization had.

You know the guy for the Indians that has been pitching real good (Rich Rodriguez) well he was just one of the two top prosopects they gave up to get Paul Shuey. Paul Shuey is alright, but he is not worth two top prospects, especially since Rodriguez is going to be really good.

How about the Dodgers re-acquiring Hundley, they would be a much better team with Grudz and Karros still there. My dad is a diehard Dodger fan and he can't stand Evans and most Dodger fans don't like him either. They'd be laughing if we picked Evans back up as a GM.

He's basically made one good move and that was getting Odalis Perez and I still think he didn't get near enough for Gary Sheffield. The other good move he made was failing to pull the trigger with Ken Williams for Bobby Howry/Eric Gagne. Williams wanted more (Supposedly) and he decided that wasn't enough. If he made that deal, he would of been the ultimate sucker.

Not if $50M of that $90M was underachieving like the Sox have since the 2000 season.

and Brian Jordan is worth the 9 mill he makes. Todd Hundley the 6 mill he makes, etc.

Dodgers have plenty of over-achievers. If the Sox could invest 50 mill in the rotation like the Dodgers (I think they have over 50 mill invested there) then we'd have a stinking awesome rotation too.

I also stick to my theory, this is a very very good TEAM (The White Sox) and I do believe the Sox and Dodgers will meet in the series.

Not if $50M of that $90M was underachieving like the Sox have since the 2000 season.

you can preface anything with ifs -

if we had no injuries in 2001...

if we had more injuries in 2000...

if I had won the Big Game and bought the team from JR...

if

if

if only I had more talent than Joe Di Maggio and played my whole career with the Sox...

if the Sox win 100 regular season games and then 11 more in the post season -

if we are a move away from the Julio Cruz mid-83 acquisition or the mid-00 acquiring of Perry and Graf...

if if if

you can preface anything with ifs -

if we had no injuries in 2001...

if we had more injuries in 2000...

if I had won the Big Game and bought the team from JR...

if

if

if only I had more talent than Joe Di Maggio and played my whole career with the Sox...

if the Sox win 100 regular season games and then 11 more in the post season -

if we are a move away from the Julio Cruz mid-83 acquisition or the mid-00 acquiring of Perry and Graf...

if if if

And if the Sox hadn't played so s***ty in 2001 and particularly 2002, maybe a $90M payroll would be feasible in the near future. As it stands, it ain't gonna happen.

thats totally wrong jason..he didnt have a 90 million dollar payroll to work with..he yook over a 100 million dollar payroll that was full of aging underachievers that had 2 or 3 years left on their contracts..and he was told to pare payroll...he had to make deals like taking on todd hundley just to lower payroll...

williams took over a 30 million dollar payroll and immediately convinced the owner to double it to 60 million...

now which job would you rather take???

you couldnt draw up a better situation to walk into than kenny williams did..unless you are going to the yankmees

thats totally wrong jason..he didnt have a 90 million dollar payroll to work with..he yook over a 100 million dollar payroll that was full of aging underachievers that had 2 or 3 years left on their contracts..and he was told to pare payroll...he had to make deals like taking on todd hundley just to lower payroll...

williams took over a 30 million dollar payroll and immediately convinced the owner to double it to 60 million...

now which job would you rather take???

you couldnt draw up a better situation to walk into than kenny williams did..unless you are going to the yankmees

In the short term of that example sure you want KW's job, but in the long term the Dodgers have an incredible farm system including outposts all over the world, of which they are not afraid to sign forgien kids. They also have a much bigger payroll and in a couple of years once those contracts get off of the books, he still will have a much higher payroll than the Sox.

It may be a little much, but all three need to go, so why not just make it a nice statement to the rest of the team.

If they don't improve after the 3 "problems" are gone, then they are the next to go.

"A little much..."

Who the heck keeps things together if you toss all 3? My logic on the issue is you get rid of the ones LEAST likely to rock the entire foundation. The one who "should" have the least contact with the players (KW) and the one most responsible for the lack of offense (which is debatable between JM and Ward). But given a choice I keep the manager. He's the one with the most contact with the players. You bring in 3 new guys and we're liable to be doing worse.. if that's possible. :huh: JMO, though.

IMO, you need to drop JM first.  When a new manager comes in the players are going to wake up and try to play for the guy.  Especially if the new mgr is a ball breaker.

If he was the problem I would agree with you. Again, what I say is BS in the eyes of several here, but from the mouths of those who work for JM, he is not the issue. Don't kill the messenger please.

If he was the problem I would agree with you. Again, what I say is BS in the eyes of several here, but from the mouths of those who work for JM, he is not the issue. Don't kill the messenger please.

Steff, who have you heard this from?

She's "not at liberty to say", heh.

Right clujer. I'm not. As if you told me something in confidence I wouldn't say either. It's amazing to me that you think these people don't deserve the same respect and you'd give your best friend with a really big secret. Joe Cowley didn't name his source... are you all emailing him and beating him up about it? This is exactly why I didn't "break the news". It's not worth it.

Right clujer. I'm not. As if you told me something in confidence I wouldn't say either. It's amazing to me that you think these people don't deserve the same respect and you'd give your best friend with a really big secret. Joe Cowley didn't name his source... are you all emailing him and beating him up about it? This is exactly why I didn't "break the news". It's not worth it.

I wasn't trying to pry anything out of you. I wasn't asking for names either. I just want to know who in general? Players? Towel Boys? Groupies?

I wasn't trying to pry anything out of you.  I wasn't asking for names either.  I just want to know who in general?  Players? Towel Boys? Groupies?

I'm sorry. Revealing sources seems to have become an issue here lately. A current Sox employee, 1 current player, 2 former players, and one broadcaster.

I wasn't trying to pry anything out of you.  I wasn't asking for names either.  I just want to know who in general?  Players? Towel Boys? Groupies?

She's "not at liberty to say", :lol:

I haven't asked for names either. I just want to know what the credentials are of her "source".

Appears that her "source" is nothing more than the voices in her head. ;)

She's "not at liberty to say", :lol:

I haven't asked for names either.  I just want to know what the credentials are of her "source".

Appears that her "source" is nothing more than the voices in her head.  ;)

Yeah brotha, thats very obvious.