JOE COWLEY RIPS kw TO SHREDS!!!..PLAYERS TOO

baggio202

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time posting here!!! :headbang

Just a thought, are there any MUCH MORE qualified minorities that can step up and help us become the team that we used to be? That would help eleviate any concerns regarding Jessie Jackson... Just curious?!

Welcome.

Why should we promote a minority? We should promote whoever is BEST for the job. People should be hired on their merit, not on their skin pigmentation.

remember when ray rhodes was fired in green bay after only one season..and jackson went off about a white coach has never been fired after only one season and who it was racist and then had a march in reen bay where he bussed in all his people from the south side???..

jackson marched all through green bay and got the packers office..someone from the packers came out and said..hey nice , thanks for coming and went back inside..they never dealt with jackson and he eventually went away..

thats the way to deal with jackson..ignore and eventually he will move on to the cause of the moment...

joe morgan imo would make a great GM...but he shouldnt just be offered the job because he is black and it might ease tensions..eventually a white person will have to take over for a black person in that position someday so you are gonna have to deal with the fall out...joe morgan should have to interview like everyone and if he is deemed the best qualified for the job then he gets it..for that reason and none other..

i remember asking the question , not really even taking the position but just asking if KW got the job more because he was black and JR is on the race relations committee and was being pressured to fill that position with a minority and maybe williams got it more because of his skin color and less because of his qualifications...that was right after the berry -barry fiasco...boy i was raked over the coals by a few , not all , not many really , but a few people , as a closet racist..well its turning out to be the truth...its pretty obvious williams was not ready for that position and probably lack the skills for it even if he was...

what ever happened to hiring the best guy for the job???...isnt that the best way to win???

AS I write this J.Jackson is on his soap box crying about Shula being hired over Croom at Alabama . Minority Ownership now owns the Charolette Hornets, I will predict ALL coaching and GM positions will be Minorities but JJ won't cry then, it will be considered kosher......BROTHER.

AS I write this J.Jackson is on his soap box crying about Shula being hired over Croom at Alabama . Minority Ownership now owns the Charolette Hornets, I will predict ALL coaching and GM positions will be Minorities but JJ won't cry then, it will be considered kosher......BROTHER.

Who cares if that pyscho cries? Let him.

Just a thought, are there any MUCH MORE qualified minorities that can step up and help us become the team that we used to be? That would help eleviate any concerns regarding Jessie Jackson... Just curious?!

Welcome aboard. :headbang

I tend to agree with some of the others here, the Sox should hire the best man for the job. I don't care what a persons color is as long as they do the job right. I actually think Chicago is probably the best example of a city where minority people have got an opportunity in sports.

You have Cartwright with the Bulls, Baker with the Cubs, Manuel and Williams with the Sox and Greg Blache with the Chicago Bears.

I also tend to agree with Baggs that KW could of partially gotten the job because JR is so big on giving minorities an opportunity, but I also think KW had a great track record. I think KW could still make a great gm, but I also think they hired him a little early. He was still incredibly young and since he played sports for a while it kept him out of the front office area where he could learn more.

You really have to have a great understanding, but you also have to be willing to learn on the spot and realize your not always right if you want to be a GM. KW isn't as bad as advertised, but there are plenty that are better out there. I don't think Dan Evans is one of them though. I think Bob Fontaine Jr could make a great gm, but I also like him in charge of scouting (Same place I like KW).

Does anyone know of any potential candidates from other organizations, asst gm's etc. I don't really want Schueler back. I'd of loved getting Jim Hendry but that isn't happening since he's got the Cubs gig. Dodgers have a minority candidate (An Asian Women) that is supposedly very highly regarded. I think she is Dan Evans assistant and for some reason I think she started off in the White Sox organization and then came to the Dodgers, but someone could check me on that.

Welcome Pale Hose, very original name you have there :headbang

As of right now, I'm just asking myself whether KW or Ward should be the first priority to go.

baggio, you know damn well danny Evcans is a lousy GM - just ask Jason.

KW got the job because he was Schueler's recommendation and he ran a hell of a minor league system. He needs to go now.

MLB has a long, long way to go before it reaches where the NBA is, where coaches and gms come and go and the color barrier has been broken for so long no one notices anymore.

The NCAA in football, the NFL, and MLB have a long way to go.

The question is the process. Will a variety of people be interviewed or will it be a good old boy hiring.

If race were not yet still saddly an issue then we wouldn't be harping on it here - but America still has a long way to go.

I have no choices to suggest for KW's replacement. All I ask is the process be thorough and inclusive and fair and then they can hire who is perceived to be the best candidate. I wouldn;t care for Joe Morgan because is so damned annoying on tv - but then if he were hired, I wouldn;t have to listen to him anymore -- so who knows -

count the number of Afrincan American GMS in baseball and look at how long it took to reach that number and consider the good old boy network that hires one retread after another - and who can complain about an inclusive interview process?

The question is the process.  Will a variety of people be interviewed or will it be a good old boy hiring.

I heard there is already someone doing the job, but I might have heard it wrong from HSC.

good old boy network --

wonder if it is Hahn - the guy who wanted to kill me at Sox Fest - that would be cool! He and could glare at each other for hours on end -

KW got the job because he was Schueler's recommendation and he ran a hell of a minor league system.  He needs to go now.

MLB has a long, long way to go before it reaches where the NBA is, where coaches and gms come and go and the color barrier has been broken for so long no one notices anymore.

The question is the process.  Will a variety of people be interviewed or will it be a good old boy hiring.

If race were not yet still saddly an issue then we wouldn't be harping on it here - but America still has a long way to go.

I have no choices to suggest for KW's replacement.  All I ask is the process be thorough and inclusive and fair and then they can hire who is perceived to be the best candidate. I wouldn;t care for Joe Morgan because is so damned annoying on tv - but then if he were hired, I wouldn;t have to listen to him anymore -- so who knows -

count the number of Afrincan American GMS in baseball and look at how long it took to reach that number and consider the good old boy network that hires one retread after another - and who can complain about an inclusive interview process?

i can complain about it because it was my team that got f***ed over by an unqualified black man getting the job on the basis of his skin color and not because he was the best applicant for the job..if the sox really felt KW was the best man for the job all along and eventually was going to be schu's replacement then come up with a good reason why he wasnt one of schu's 3 assisstants so he could be learning the job before he had it dropped in his lap???..its much easier to replace a minor league director then it is to develop a GM..it was my team that got screwed..i dont care about the other 29 teams...all i know is the white sox got screwed on this deal..

what happens when you the not most qualified person for the job bases on skin color and he fails like KW did??...it makes it that much tougher for the next minority who really is qualified to get a job..should it be that way ..no ...but with the rich elitests running baseball it is...atleast we arnt as bad as football :huh:

the sox are lucky that they might have an out in all of this..joe morgan..they are lucky that there probably isnt a more qualified person in all of baseball to be a GM thats not already working as one...but it would cost jerry a good chunk of change to entice morgan into taking the position...so we will see what jerry loves more..his money or his social agenda :huh:

and while i dont confuse danny evans with billy bean..danny evans took over a team that was floundering at 500 for years with alot of dead weight on it...and the dodgers have improved some , not much but some under his 1 years plus as a GM there..the sox have gone from a 95 win team to medicority under KW ove a 2 plus year period...now who is the better gm between those two??

Hiring based on skin color, in any form, is technically discrimination. Period.

Baggio.... I mentioned to HSC just a few days ago that I thought Joe Morgan would make a great GM. Great minds think alike. :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Baggio.... I mentioned to HSC just a few days ago that I thought Joe Morgan would make a great GM. Great minds think alike. 

why yes you sure did.......

I think he is doing exactly what he wants to do.
why yes he is........ :D

Hiring based on skin color, in any form, is technically discrimination.  Period.

I agree but perhaps for the most opposite reason -

hiring byu color - that is the problem with white guy after white being hired over and over through all the decades - more than a century - one black guy gets hired and that has to be some sort of reverse disrimination right because otherwise the white dude would be hired, right?

KW was hired on Schueler's recommendation based on KW's expertise with the minor leagues - KW didn't work out -

excuse me for having no tag days for all the poor white boys who have been discriminated against through the years - I love it when whites cry about how unfair it is all to them - poor white people - so picked on by our society -

an inclusive interview process opens the doors for all and gives people a chance who wouldn't get one otherwise and any white dude who is afraid to go into an inclusive interview process is afraid of what exactly? Any team that won'ty do an inclusive intervirw process is afraid of wehat exactly?

amazing how asking for an inclusive interview process is so threatening to some

hiring byu color - that is the problem with white guy after white being hired over and over through all the decades - more than a century - one black guy gets hired and that has to be some sort of reverse disrimination right because otherwise the white dude would be hired, right?

KW was hired on Schueler's recommendation based on KW's expertise with the minor leagues - KW didn't work out -

excuse me for having no tag days for all the poor white boys who have been discriminated against through the years - I love it when whites cry about how unfair it is all to them - poor white people - so picked on by our society -

an inclusive interview process opens the doors for all and gives people a chance who wouldn't get one otherwise and any white dude who is afraid to go into an inclusive interview process is afraid of what exactly?  Any team that won'ty do an inclusive intervirw process is afraid of wehat exactly?

Excuse me, but I just stated a simple fact. Don't go putting words into my mouth and assuming that I feel threatened in any way.

KW got the job because he was Schueler's recommendation and he ran a hell of a minor league system.  He needs to go now.

I have no choices to suggest for KW's replacement.  All I ask is the process be thorough and inclusive and fair and then they can hire who is perceived to be the best candidate.   I wouldn;t care for Joe Morgan because is so damned annoying on tv - but then if he were hired, I wouldn;t have to listen to him anymore -- so who knows -

i can complain about it because it was my team that got f***ed over by an unqualified black man getting the job on the basis of his skin color and not because he was the best applicant for the job..if the sox really felt KW was the best man for the job all along and eventually was going to be schu's replacement then come up with a good reason why he wasnt one of schu's 3 assisstants so he could be learning the job before he had it dropped in his lap???..its much easier to replace a minor league director then it is to develop a GM..it was my team that got screwed..i dont care about the other 29 teams...all i know is the white sox got screwed on this deal..

what happens when you the not most qualified person for the job bases on skin color and he fails like KW did??...it makes it that much tougher for the next minority who really is qualified to get a job..should it be that way ..no ...but with the rich elitests running baseball it is...atleast we arnt as bad as football :huh:

the sox are lucky that they might have an out in all of this..joe morgan..they are lucky that there probably isnt a more qualified person in all of baseball to be a GM thats not already working as one...but it would cost jerry a good chunk of change to entice morgan into taking the position...so we will see what jerry loves more..his money or his social agenda :huh:

and while i dont confuse danny evans with billy bean..danny evans took over a team that was floundering at 500 for years with alot of dead weight on it...and the dodgers have improved some , not much but some under his 1 years plus as a GM there..the sox have gone from a 95 win team to medicority under KW ove a 2 plus year period...now who is the better gm between those two??

I agree and for KW to get so much credit for the Minor league system is a little much, minor league selections were made jointly not just by KW. KW should of never had the job since day one, he is a laughing stock among GM's and people do not like or enjoy any interaction with him what so ever. KW has sent up back at least 3 years, 3 years this team could ill afford. :angry:

YASNY, you are right and I was thinking about that before you posted that I kind of stuck you with a reply to other people - I wasn't really responding to you and sorry for the appearance of putting words in your mouth, I do apologise

Hiring based on skin color, in any form, is technically discrimination.  Period.

Baggio.... I mentioned to HSC just a few days ago that I thought Joe Morgan would make a great GM.  Great minds think alike.  :D

It's "technically" discrimination?

Sounds like the word-for-word definition of it to me.

My understanding is that Schu actually thought Evans should get the job, but that KW was Reinsdorf's boy. I know KW was Reinsdorf's guy, but not sure about Schu recommending Evans. I did hear that, however.

By far, the dumbest f***ing thing I have ever read on this board.

In case you live in a cocoon where every thing is wine and roses, reverse discrimination does exist AND it is wrong . My father is retired from the Chicago Police Department and still has a case pending in court where every court up to now has agreed that my father and numerous other white, male police officers were passed up for promotion based solely on the color of their skin and what dangles between their legs . The promoted minorities had less time on, less education, LOWER OVERALL TEST SCORES , lower supervisor rankings, and, in some cases, more job related complaints than the white, male officers passed up for promotion. The only reason why the City of Chicago is still pursuing this in court is because it's cheaper to pay a handful of lawyers to fight this reverse discrimination case than what it would cost the City to pay these officers 10, 15, 20 years of retroactive pay. The City WILL NOT win this case..... it is blatant discrimination in very sense of the word. The City can't find one appeals Court that will overrule the forementioned courts decision. The City doesn't want to admit that it has AND CONTINUES TO DISCRIMINATE against white males. This is par for the course too for State employees too. I should know..... I'm one of them and see this s*** happen every-f***ing-day :angry:

Maybe you should work in a state/county/municipal/federal job where unqualified minorites AND SOME POLITICALLY INFLUENCED WHITE MEN AND WOMEN run the show into the f***ing ground who got their promotions based solely on numbers or skin color to appease a select few before you open your pie-hole Vince!!!!! :fyou

an inclusive interview process opens the doors for all and gives people a chance who wouldn't get one otherwise and any white dude who is afraid to go into an inclusive interview process is afraid of what exactly?  Any team that won'ty do an inclusive intervirw process is afraid of wehat exactly?

you keep saying we are all a bunch of white boys screaming reverse discrimination...thats bull..thats not what is being said..we did not make this an issue of color...jerry reinsdorf did with his hiring practices...he made this a race issue because the man he put in charge was not qualified and reinsdorf himself has come out in a letter written by his own hand and posted on the chisox website that he believes in quotas and believes we should hire minorites even if it means hiring them over more qualified whites...he said its more important for the sox to look like the neighborhood they live in then it is to have the best qualified person for the job...granted on this he was talking about vendors and support for the stadium but im sure that is practiced with running the club too...though it does seem to be changing a little...

by his actions and words...jerry reinsdorf made this an issue of color ..not us...im not gonna sit idly by and not comment on it when its so freakin obvious KW got this job and kept it this long despite his incompetence for dfear of not being politcally correct....reisndorf is on the equal opportunity committee and went around putting pressure on other teams to hire minority GM's...you think that same pressujre wasnt thrown back on him??...

reinsdorf himself has come out in a letter written by his own hand and posted on the chisox website that he believes in quotas and believes we should hire minorites even if it means hiring them over more qualified whites...he said its more important  for the sox to look like the neighborhood they live in then it is to have the best qualified person for the job...granted on this he was talking about vendors and support for the stadium but im sure that is practiced with running the club too...

show me that...

and the ones who make an isue of color are by definition the ones who keep bringing it up as an issue over and over and over and over again -

YASNY, you are right and I was thinking about that before you posted that I kind of stuck you with a reply to other people - I wasn't really responding to you and sorry for the appearance of putting words in your mouth, I do apologise

Apology acknowledged and accepted.