JOE COWLEY RIPS kw TO SHREDS!!!..PLAYERS TOO

baggio202

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think ive ever seen a more negative piece on kennt before by anyone..this is wild..and it backs up everything steff and HSC have been telling us

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/091sd5.htm

Good Article, I have said since I joined here in January KW was over his head. I have heard through 4 different sources KW was NO MORE than Schueler's coffee boy, he contributed nothing to orginazation, whether they should of keeped D.Evans as GM or not is debatable ,but what is not is KW should of NEVER been given the job and JR gave KW the job because JR and Selig are on the Minority hiring Committee for MLB and was pressured by Selig to have a minority GM to go along with a minority Manager. In turn Selig had Milwaukee hire J.Royster as minority manager of the Brewers around the same time.

So why haven't we fired him this week?

my guess is the first opportunity they would take to fire him would be today after business on the west coast...sometime after 7pm our time..thats always been how the sox handle negative things..wait till late friday to do it so the hoopla dies down by monday morning

my guess is the first opportunity they would take to fire him would be today after business on the west coast...sometime after 7pm our time..thats always been how the sox handle negative things..wait till late friday to do it so the hoopla dies down by monday morning

Interesting theory, I hadn't thought of it that way. I wonder if HSC can shine a little light on this.

Like they said in"Office Space", you always fire people on a Friday because there is less chance of an incident.

billlumbergh.jpg

"Ummm...yeah....Kenny...I'm afraid that we are going to have to go ahead and let you go. MMmmm....ok?"

Like they said in"Office Space", you always fire people on a Friday because there is less chance of an incident.

billlumbergh.jpg

"Ummm...yeah....Kenny...I'm afraid that we are going to have to go ahead and let you go. MMmmm....ok?"

Followed by Kenny throwing his desk over yelling "b****es" at Lumbergh, and then sets the whole place on fire, while grabbing his swingline stapler on the way out.

[hows that for combining story lines]

I am in shock....that was a great article. However...I disagree largely with Cowley on one thing. He is, for some reason, ripping the Colon trade. I have two beefs with this....1, the season has barely started and he's already saying Colon has f***ing sucked and will suck this whole year. I don't get it. 2, he doesn't take into consideration that he got Colon for a guy that was a pinch-hitter type, one aged, injured goods pitcher in Osuna and another pitcher in Biddle who was the only guy that was going to do anything with us whether it be starting or pitching in the pen, and then Lantigua. When you get a guy of Colon's stature for dirt-cheap like that, you do it. That was a great move by KW.

KW's made some very bold moves in attemp to make us better. If I remember correctly, hes the only GM in Sox history to acquire a pitcher that came off of a 20-game-winning season. And he did it twice, with David Wells in 2001 and Bartolo Colon in 2003. I respect him for that, he didn't just sit back and relax during the offseason like many others did.

If he stops messing with the managerial duties, I'd say hes a pretty good GM. Maybe a very bad evaluator of player talent, but he does try to get us a winner.

Maybe a very bad evaluator of player talent, but he does try to get us a winner.

I might have to differ on that one. He's not only made some bold moves to make the team better, he's gotten pitchers with good stuff who have had success in the past to help the team. Wells had been a great pitcher before. Also....Todd Ritchie was a pitcher who had just gotten unlucky and had put up some good numbers in the past. That was his sleeper pick....that kept on sleeping.

I think Colon will work out for him though.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I was told end of this week. When I asked "Friday? Saturday? Sunday..?" I was told "before Monday".

oh i just love joe, hes awesome and does really dig deep to get the story without someone else doing all the work for him ;) ....... not like some dorkass on the the other board who needs lil ol me to reveal my sources before he can print something.... and....does no investigative work what so ever on his own to find out the scoop..........but thats another story for another time........ :D .... i have heard by the end of this week things happen.... now i have also heard that if we dont fair well on this seattle trip kw may have a few friends holding hands with him in the unemployment line... which friends i have NO idea, but a few of them will be with him if we dont win.......when i asked the end of the week means??? i was also told by monday morning things will be different....... :headbang :D :D :D :D guess i dont have to yell for kw's head anymore huh.........lmao... oh happy days......oh happy days........ :lol:

Right now....I'm most definately not sure if I want to do good on this Seattle trip(management wise). Of course I'll be rooting my ass off for the White Sox....but if the guy that will be holding his hand is Gary Ward....then I won't be as sad if we lose. If it is Jerry Manuel...I might not be as sad either.

I think that's the best way to put it...IMO anyways. Guys aren't cheering against the White Sox....they just won't be as sad if they lose.

I am not going to be rooting against the White Sox....but if we get swept badly and completely manhandled by the M's....and it gets Gary Ward out of here...I won't be as sad.

Guest hotsoxchick1

im so on the fence about this one......i cant fathom the thought of cheering for a loss......but on the other hand im like you if it gets rid of guys like ward et el quicker than i almost have to cheer for a loss.........sucks to be a sox fan huh..........lol lol lol .......... :o ;)

I have heard by the end of this week things happen.... now i have also heard that if we dont fair well on this seattle trip kw may have a few friends holding hands with him in the unemployment line... which friends i have NO idea, but a few of them will be with him if we dont win.......when i asked the end of the week means??? i was also told by monday morning things will be different....... :headbang  :D  :D  :D  :D  guess i dont have to yell for kw's head anymore huh.........lmao... oh happy days......oh happy days........ :lol:

Has to be Ward, he's a Williams guy. Remember when he hired Ward? Kenny kept telling everyone that Gary would "get in you're face". Yeah, whatever. :lol:

im so on the fence about this one......i cant fathom the thought of cheering for a loss......but on the other hand im like you if it gets rid of guys like ward et el quicker than i almost have to cheer for a loss.........sucks to be a sox fan huh..........lol lol lol .......... :o  ;)

That doesn't make sense, if they beat Seattle 1-0 every game this series, the bats are still dead and Ward has to go. :usa