Official Game Thread, Sox vs. Royals, 9/15/05

Balta1701

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
It's hard to railroad a catcher who is standing there, braced, and WAITING for you to come in. AJ had no chance.

I didn't say he had to plow him. Slide head first off the bag and try to get one hand in there. Make the catcher work somewhat.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
He says he owes it to Hermy also.  If we are up by one, he is going to Hermy says Ozzie.

No news on if his back was acting up last night? His pitches were just off, I guess.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
I didn't say he had to plow him.  Slide head first off the bag and try to get one hand in there.  Make the catcher work somewhat.

Sliding headfirst into home is a MAJOR no-no. Especially if you aren't the most nimble of baserunners.

That has seperated shoulder written all over it.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Sliding headfirst into home is a MAJOR no-no.  Especially if you aren't the most nimble of baserunners.

Rowand did that against Anaheim last Friday. Molina isn't the smallest guy either.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
No news on if his back was acting up last night?  His pitches were just off, I guess.

He hasn't worked much lately because of his back, so I'm at least willing to suspend disbelief and say it might not be his back with absolute certainty, but I hope he's being honest with the training crew right now.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
Rowand did that against Anaheim last Friday.  Molina isn't the smallest guy either.

God bless him. Those guys have guts. You would never catch me doing that--for one, I don't play professional baseball--especially against the Royals in the early innings.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Sliding headfirst into home is a MAJOR no-no.  Especially if you aren't the most nimble of baserunners.

Well whatever slide on your ass outside the bag and reach out. The attempt was pathetic.