Rush hour traffic!?!

ceffa2000

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
I'm not sure how all of this works, but why does it seem like when I'm in a game thread everyone else is instant messaging posts, but I have to keep hitting the view new posts button or going to the page before then back to seenew posts?  Am I doing something wrong, or is that how the gamethread works for everyone?

Sorry, I meant for that to be in green. Um, thanks. :chair :banghead

If this site were to market itself to advertisers it could easily cover all the costs it had. in return all you would have to do is have a few ads on the site. im not an administrator, but if you read this and you are, maybe it's worth considering. i think soxtalk should be free...and with the amount of posts that are on this site there is no reason why you all couldn't find advertisers. other blogs i post on do this.

just a suggestion to raise some cash for the site.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
If this site were to market itself to advertisers it could easily cover all the costs it had. in return all you would have to do is have a few ads on the site. im not an administrator, but if you read this and you are, maybe it's worth considering. i think soxtalk should be free...and with the amount of posts that are on this site there is no reason why you all couldn't find advertisers. other blogs i post on do this.

just a suggestion to raise some cash for the site.

I'd be lying if I'd said we hadn't considered it. We've only had one true revenue producing ad in the past. The current ones are not for profit, and then there was the White Sox one. Of course, it'll be a thought-out decision if we ever do. May ask the posters for input, if the situation ever arises. But we certainly aren't going to be intrusive. As of now, there's just the donations button at the bottom of the page.