I Quit!!!

retro1983hat

He keeps using the excuse of this is a 91 team and we are 1st blah blah blah. Well thats all fine but its not fine when your about to be the laughing stock of the league. Once up 15 games for it to come down to this close he should expect to get some boo's. That being said if he wins a WS he wont ever be booed again.... or at least 2-3 seasons :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chat with Jerry Crasnick:

David (Ohio)

If the White Sox fail to make the playoffs, should Ozzie Guillen be fired? And even if they do make the playoffs, is there any way he wins Manager of the Year after the way his boys have played down the stretch?

JERRY CRASNICK

David,Ozzie was a Manager of the Year lock for much of the season, but now you have to think Eric Wedge is looking pretty good for that award. If the Sox blow it and don't make the playoffs, they might not have to worry about firing him -- Ozzie might just quit.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
2 of the best modern day managers will be available this off season in Piniella and Leyland. If the Sox won the World Series and Ozzie walked away it would be like winning back to back lotteries to me.

What do u think about Lloyd McClendon, i know hes been on sucky teams but his teams always look good defensively and it seems like he is good with scouting and giving his young players a chance. I know hes not as good as piniella but he should be considered for a job somewhere.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
So you are saying that if we blow a 15 game lead in 2 months and miss the playoffs, I should be happy about it because we won 95 games?  As long as we make the playoffs I don't give a damn how many games we lost off the lead, but if we miss the playoffs I'm sure not going to be happy about this season.

well said

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
What do u think about Lloyd McClendon, i know hes been on sucky teams but his teams always look good defensively and it seems like he is good with scouting and giving his young players a chance. I know hes not as good as piniella but he should be considered for a job somewhere.

PASS

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)

He doesn't excite me too much. I'd like to see them get Lou, but I think he may end up with Yanks.

Wow, I am blown away by this. I am just amazed.

Now I don't wanna start anything(more) but I have to say this collapse seems to fall on Ozzie. The Sox, in my estimation, have played worse since Ozzie's managing has gotten worse. Now I respect Ozzie, I appreciate Ozzie, and think through most of the year he has been an excellent manager, but I also have to say, even though it hurts me to say, he may not be cut out for this ultimately. If he really did say all that, that makes me a bit dissapointed.

Let's not mention the fact that all that crying and weakness he's showing, not to mention his own pessimism is in truth what's going to hurt the team the most. I still have confidence they can do it, but even though I don't want to, I have to say that IMO if the Sox don't win this division and ultimately collapse, it will be Ozzie's fault.

Just keep in mind I'm being honest. I appreciate Ozzie and I hate to have to say these things, but it seems quite obvious now.

Ozzie, you gotta stop letting this s*** get to you. If you can't take the rough baggage that comes with being a manger, you're not going to make it. And that's pretty sad considering this in general has been one of the biggest years, if not THE biggest that the Sox have had in a long time. Seeing it end in such an awful tragedy(which I think NOBODY saw coming), especially due mostly to your OWN dysfunction, would be a damn shame. You can't let your emotions get to you here.

f*** the "curse" the Red Sox claim they have, I believe the REAL curse is upon this team. HELL, if we win the division, I will be happy just with that, but that's kind of sad, considering in the first half, they were playing good enough for definite WS.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
Now I don't wanna start anything(more) but I have to say this collapse seems to fall on Ozzie. The Sox, in my estimation, have played worse since Ozzie's managing has gotten worse.

I think Ozzie has been pretty consistant with his moves, except that they ran more before Podsednik went lame, which make sense. For better or worse, his lefty/righty pitching moves have been there all season and he hasn't shortened up on the starters outings. So the same guys who made him look like a genius in the summer make him look like an idiot in the autumn.

This all comes with the territory. It could all change again tonight.

A good thing about baseball is all the games start 0-0.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I am glad he has the stones for the job.  f***ing pathetic.  I do believe that he made a comment in his press conference that he was hired to eventually be fired.  Year 2 into it and his first pennant race and he cant handle it.

LOO BISH. JOO PEOPL DON NO HO HAR DIS YOB IZ!!! AL JOO DO IZ BOO AN IM SII O ID.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Hey Oz, how about doing something realistic like not pissing away the division before running your mouth about what you'd do if you won the WS? That comment is like me saying:  Ya know if I ever f*ck Carmen Electra, I'll go ahead and cut my c*ck off afterward.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy