Sox v. Twins Official Game Thread 9/24/05

bjm676

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
It's not like the Sox play in a pitcher's park.  And as for Thome, I've heard the Phillies will pick up between 33 and 50 pct of his deal.  You'd have to make sure he's healthy though.

He isn't. Even if he says he is. We're better off going with Thomas...he'd be cheaper than Thome and just as injury prone.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
Because he's still a damn good hitter at home.  His defense is solid, and he gives us a lefty threat that we've been lacking for a while.

Just go for Tracy. He's not going to cost as much as Overbay.

Then grab Nomar for third.

Grab a Kenny Williams special (i.e. good bullpen guy who comes out of nowhere), and a right-handed bat off the bench who can actually hit a little bit.

Use Marte, Hermanson, Anderson, Fields, Tracey (not all of them -- a combo) to obtain Tracy.

And the team is set. Gosh, I'm so good, I should be the GM. :D

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
It's not like the Sox play in a pitcher's park.  And as for Thome, I've heard the Phillies will pick up between 33 and 50 pct of his deal.  You'd have to make sure he's healthy though.

If we could get Thome as our DH, that would be so AWESOME!!! That's IF he's healthy

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Thome is a name I have a feeling we are going to be hearing alot about this off-season.

The Phillies would be idiots to hold on to both Howard and Thome now.

On the other hand...until Thome proves he's healthy...he has basicalyl no value to anybody.