Michigan

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
The point being that being 62nd in the nation in passing efficiency is good enough when you run Wisconsin's style and have Calhoun in your backfield. You can't expect him to be John Elway. He has as many TD's thrown as Drew Tate, Northwestern's QB, and more than Troy Smith.

OSU is also a running team, and Smith has more running td's. Wisco is a running team, just like many other teams. The key is is their defense good enough for ball control and can they pass the ball if they arent? Michigan is weak and I think Wisco will find better competition in the upcoming weeks. We shall see. I wish we would play Wisco this year, I would love to see Hawk, Carp, Schlegel take on Calhoun.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisconsin v. OSU

For those of us who remember, I think OSU is luckier they do not play Wisconsin this year.

Ohio State - Wisconsin Series

Saturday marked the 72nd meeting between the Buckeyes and Badgers in a series that dates back to 1913. With the defeat, Ohio State still has a 50-17-5 lead in the rivalry, including a 27-7-3 record in Columbus. Since 1980, the series now is deadlocked at 5-5-1 in the last 11 games.

The Buckeyes came into the contest ranked No. 18 by the AP and Wisconsin was ranked 15th. In the all-time series, Ohio State now is 7-3-2 when both teams are ranked. Overall when Ohio State is ranked, the Buckeyes fell to 31-11-3 against the Badgers and 18-4-1 in Columbus.

With the loss, Jim Tressel fell to 1-3 against Wisconsin and 0-2 vs. the Badgers in Ohio Stadium.

And:

Ohio State Defense Notes

Wisconsin's Anthony Davis rushed for 168 yards on 39 carries to become the first opposing player to gain 100 yards rushing in a game at Ohio Stadium since San Diego State's Larry Ned's 112-yard performance Oct. 20, 2001, a span of 21 games.

As a team, UW rushed for 184 net yards, the most since Kent State ran for 171 yards against the Buckeyes Sept. 7, 2002.

Calhoun is better than Davis, the O-line is better than last year.

It would be a good game, I was much more afraid of Michigan than OSU.

Thats just the truth.

SB

QUOTE(The Bones @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 03:26 AM)
I just wish the Big Ten would add another team so we wouldn't have to deal with this bulls*** of not playing two teams every year. Oh, and OSU is the best team in the Big Ten, just ahead of MSU. That is all.

??? If they went to 12 teams, then there would be three teams they don't play each year instead of two. How would this help??

And Jason, Michigan will NOT lose to Iowa. Book it!

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Wisconsin v. OSU

For those of us who remember, I think OSU is luckier they do not play Wisconsin this year.

And:

Calhoun is better than Davis, the O-line is better than last year.

It would be a good game, I was much more afraid of Michigan than OSU.

Thats just the truth.

SB

what is all this comparing last year's team this this year's team?? OSU is ALOT better this year. I dont understand going back to old teams. Well since out record is better against Wisco all time, that means that we are better now. :bang

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
???    If they went to 12 teams, then there would be three teams they don't play each year instead of two.  How would this help??

And Jason, Michigan will NOT lose to Iowa.  Book it!

Going to 12 teams would allow them to split into 2 separate divisions and add a championship game to determine a true champion. My dream scenario would be if Notre Dame joined.

Big Ten East: Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue

Big Ten West: Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Wisconsin

It won't happen but it would be a lot better than the system they have right now.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Yep, something along those lines. Here's how I see the rest of their schedule shaping up.

Sat., Oct. 1 at Michigan State* LOSS

Sat., Oct. 8 Minnesota* (HC) LOSS (maybe)

Sat., Oct. 15 Penn State* LOSS (maybe)

Sat., Oct. 22 at Iowa* LOSS

Sat., Oct. 29 at Northwestern* WIN

Sat., Nov. 12 Indiana* WIN

Sat., Nov. 19 Ohio State* LOSS

4-7/6-5

QUOTE(The Bones @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)
Going to 12 teams would allow them to split into 2 separate divisions and add a championship game to determine a true champion. My dream scenario would be if Notre Dame joined.

Big Ten East: Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue

Big Ten West: Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Wisconsin

It won't happen but it would be a lot better than the system they have right now.

All of that is true, but it would still mean that not all teams play each other every year, which is what the previous poster seemed to be indication his distaste for.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
All of that is true, but it would still mean that not all teams play each other every year, which is what the previous poster seemed to be indication his distaste for.

I'm not so much upset that every team in the conference doesn't play each other, but I'm more bothered the fact that the schedules are unfair to some teams as a result. For example, Wisconsin doesn't have to play Ohio State or Michigan State. However, Minnesota doesn't have to play Illinois or Northwestern. That is a big difference in schedule strength.

Or what if Michigan State/Ohio State and Wisconsin go undefeated in the Big Ten? I doubt it will happen but how could you determine a true Big Ten Champion? You can't without having the 2 teams play each other.

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Sat., Oct. 1  at Michigan State*      LOSS

Sat., Oct. 8 Minnesota* (HC)      LOSS (maybe)

Sat., Oct. 15 Penn State*              LOSS (maybe)

Sat., Oct. 22 at Iowa*                LOSS

Sat., Oct. 29 at Northwestern*    WIN

Sat., Nov. 12 Indiana*                  WIN

Sat., Nov. 19 Ohio State*              LOSS

4-7/6-5

Really? As an outside observer I see it differently, as I don't think the Blue Apocalypse has set in yet.

Sat., Oct. 1 at Michigan State* LOSS

Sat., Oct. 8 Minnesota* (HC) LOSS (maybe)

Sat., Oct. 15 Penn State* WIN

Sat., Oct. 22 at Iowa* WIN

Sat., Oct. 29 at Northwestern* WIN

Sat., Nov. 12 Indiana* WIN

Sat., Nov. 19 Ohio State* LOSS

Three more losses. I can't think Penn State is a real contender after watching the Northwestern game.

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Sat., Oct. 1  at Michigan State*      LOSS

Sat., Oct. 8 Minnesota* (HC)      LOSS (maybe)

Sat., Oct. 15 Penn State*              LOSS (maybe)

Sat., Oct. 22 at Iowa*                LOSS

Sat., Oct. 29 at Northwestern*    WIN

Sat., Nov. 12 Indiana*                  WIN

Sat., Nov. 19 Ohio State*              LOSS

4-7/6-5

huh? I know you hate michigan but come on. Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
anything is possible.  It's just unrealistic.  They aren't losing to Penn State and Minnesota.  They will also surprise MSU who will take them lightly.

I don't know about that last part. MSU will be looking to avenge Michigan's comeback victory last year.

The solution: Hurt Stanton again

Whatever wins games ;)

QUOTE(1549 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
I don't know about that last part.  MSU will be looking to avenge Michigan's comeback victory last year.

The solution: Hurt Stanton again

Whatever wins games  ;)

Im all for that. We choked Sorgi a couple of years back, and I think it was warrented.

OSU also lost the game they choked Sorgi.

Id take Sorgi being choked any day for a win.

Not to mention Sorgi put a disk in my computer that had a computer virus so he kind of deserved to be choked.

Karma's a b****, and generally the teams that resort to that type of stuff do not win in the end.

SB

For the record, I am not seriously promoting going out and intentionally injuring Stanton.

If he does sprain an ankle or something, I would be relieved. But I think its wrong to hurt players on purpose. Especially for Michigan...we are the class of the big ten. Leave choking to the team from that state to the south.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
They're not going to lose to Minnesota, Penn State, or Michigan State. Ohio State is in question and if I had to pick another team they'd lose to, it would be Iowa.

So, OSU is in question, but you think they would lose to IOWA, who OSU just decimated this past saturday??? Where is the logic there :huh

QUOTE(1549 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
For the record, I am not seriously promoting going out and intentionally injuring Stanton.

Especially for Michigan...we are the class of the big ten.  Leave choking to the team from that state to the south.

Did Chris Webber pay yoy to say that?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
where is the logic in saying that Jason Avant isn't the best receiver in the Big Ten.  HE IS!  watch the games this year.

I know you love Avant, but it's not as clear cut as you think. Santonio Holmes is one name that comes to mind when I'm thinking class of the Big 10. If Ted Ginn ever touched the ball...he'd make a case as well, and while we're at it Derrick Williams is going to be great over at Penn St. I think there is a case for Avant, but for a league that notriously under-uses its receivers it's hard to say who really is the best.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
I know you love Avant, but it's not as clear cut as you think. Santonio Holmes is one name that comes to mind when I'm thinking class of the Big 10. If Ted Ginn ever touched the ball...he'd make a case as well, and while we're at it Derrick Williams is going to be great over at Penn St. I think there is a case for Avant, but for a league that notriously under-uses its receivers it's hard to say who really is the best.

i know they are great but Avant is a great blocker and the leader of that team. Breaston who some thought was the best Wide out in the nation hasn't done jack s***. He is their only wide out at this point.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
So, OSU is in question, but you think they would lose to IOWA, who OSU just decimated this past saturday???  Where is the logic there :huh

I was saying besides OSU the other team they'd have the best chance to lose against is Iowa. They play Iowa on the road and it's always hard to beat Iowa at home.