Chris Berman

I normally don't watch ESPN for obvious reasons, but I noticed on the game that it looks like the grass has left the field. Not only that, but Chris Berman went bald quick. Within the last year, he seems to have lost a ton of hair. Was he wearing a toupee all those years? Is he sick? Or has the fact that he sweats Crisco caused his hair to fall out?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
They light some shows to make his hair look ticker. You'll notice difference from the booth to primetime to abc work.

If that is true, then they do one hell of a lighting job. Berman's comb-over has to rank with the worst in the history of celebrity comb-overs.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
I think Sutt wears a piece. His headset was messed up last year and it pushed forward his hair and there was plenty of scalp to be seen in the back

Among broadcasters, we know Marv Albert is the all time biggest offender for worst hair piece.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
Amazingly even how creepy Albert is, I don't dislike him as much as Berman.

Marv,"YESSSSSS!"

I concur. Ever since Berman called sox fans "Classless" for booing Jerry Manuel at the 2003 all-star game. He lost my respect. Hey Chris The only reason we booed Maniel is because sox fans are no longer allowed to run on the field and get the person that's bugging them. :nono

Perhaps Berman had indigestion after eating too much of Chicago's good food that weekend. That was around the time of Berman's 37th heart attack.

The mute button was invented to silence guys like Berman. One other thing I was wondering, who slipped Mike Piazza (sp) the Big Book of Baseball Cliches? I only saw about a hour of the game on

ESPN. I don't think he missed a single one.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
If that is true, then they do one hell of a lighting job.  Berman's comb-over has to rank with the worst in the history of celebrity comb-overs.

Doesn't even come close to the Trump. People everywhere could try but no one can ever accomplish what Donald has done with his hair.

Its amazing, I've decided he must know he's gonna get as much play as he wants since he's loaded, so why even bother with his hair.

Remember, I can't stand Trump.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
I was asking myself wheres my mute button--not where has his hair gone

Compared to the Fox crew, these guys were awesome (ie Buck/McCarver) I want to actually listen to Wonder Dog instead of these dufuses (ya I botched that).

Piazza was pretty solid to listen to. And I've never really minded Sutcliffe.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
Berman should really cut down on the smoking and eating.. It's not a good habit. ;)

This kind of reminds me of the South Park episode titled "Roger Ebert eats too many fatty foods". Now Ebert looks deformed from losing so such weight. Berman has some to spare.

Anyone remember the Joe Morgan quote about shadows. He said something like "See those are shadows because light cannot get there, and when light cannot get there it gets dark" It was during a cubs-cards game. Not that I was watching I just remember from a clip on MJH