Hey hey

Soxfest

Redandwhite needs to read that article. By the way, the morning guys on the Score are even shredding Chris Berman for acting like a Boston-biased jackass. Bill Melton even agreed that Berman's act was a joke.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(bschmaranz @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
Believe it or not, I didn't even notice Berman's slanting toward the "Red Sawx".  I was so into this game that I completely tuned out the announcers.

It was a minor annoyance to me. Like you, I was focused on what I was seeing, not hearing.

Berman didn't bother me, I went to the first 2 games and heard the reports so I expected a little bias. His dissapointment when the Red Sox failed to score or when the White Sox did score was obvious. ESPN is cringing at the thought of the Yankees being eliminated. Even though I believe they don't have any of the games the next 2 rounds. If the Yankees lose, would ESPN even cover the WS? I wouldn't doubt if they have burned the phone lines to Selig's office trying to get him to declare the Yankees and Red Sox winners of their series in the best interests of baseball.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Did anyone catch Suttcliffe when Duque was warming up?  He said:  "yeah, El Duque is probably just getting some work on the side, because he is NOT a reliever.

I heard that. I laughed to myself when Duque came in.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Did anyone catch Suttcliffe when Duque was warming up?  He said:  "yeah, El Duque is probably just getting some work on the side, because he is NOT a reliever.

That was just a few innings before he said Crede wouldn't sacrifice bunt AJ to third.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
Sportscenter was practically doing funeral coverage of the Red Sox last night.  If the Angels can beat the Yankees today, mass hysteria could ensue.  :D

That's exactly what happened. The didn't focus on the Sox winning, they focused on the Red Sox losing.