Manny Ramirez

sox-r-us

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
IIRC, in one of Phil Rogers articles this week, he was saying we shoulg get about 2M from this series, 4M from the upcoming series, and 5M from the World Series if we make it.

I think most of that money will go into re-signing Konerko and the raises for Jon and A.J though. But it's good we'll see increases in ticket sales etc. hopefully as well. That can only help.

PK's contract is rising nearly every week. It worries me that I think some big time payroll teams will go all out for him. It will basically boil down to whether or not PK wants to stay with the White Sox, or he'll go to the highest bidder. After reading what Rowand said this week, PK is definitely the team leader of the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
Exactly!  That's why myself, and so many others, were so nervous about a potential collapse that could have led to the White Sox missing the playoffs.  That would have set back the franchise so much.  Now, you get in the playoffs, and anything can happen.  So far, so good!  There's a lot of buzz with the White Sox now, and like you said, there will be a surge in season ticket buyers.

For the record:

I've been critical of the negativity on this site over the past couple of months. I want you to know that I did not consider you one of the culprits. You were "concerned", and you always had a well thought out reason for your concerns. I agreed with you in many instances. I take a positive outlook at things, but I am well grounded in reality. You may not have been quite as optimistic as me, but you certainly were not a bastion of negativity.

Enjoy the rest of the post season. :cheers

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
PK's contract is rising nearly every week.  It worries me that I think some big time payroll teams will go all out for him.  It will basically boil down to whether or not PK wants to stay with the White Sox, or he'll go to the highest bidder.  After reading what Rowand said this week, PK is definitely the team leader of the Sox.

Yeah, I've got no doubts teams will be offering him a Richie Sexson like deal, and I was reading some rumors tonight about Detroit and even Minny (very unlikely) possibly getting into the bidding for him.

Right now if we can get him locked down for 4/44, I'd take it, but it all depends on whether Paulie's willing to give up some cash to stay at the team where's he's pretty much the leader as you said.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
For the record:

I've been critical of the negativity on this site over the past couple of months.  I want you to know that I did not consider you one of the culprits.  You were "concerned", and you always had a well thought out reason for your concerns.  I agreed with you in many instances.  I take a positive outlook at things, but I am well grounded in reality.  You may not have been quite as optimistic as me, but you certainly were not a bastion of negativity.

Enjoy the rest of the post season.  :cheers

I've never had more fun watching sports than I did the first two games of this series. The game yesterday was more difficult on me because I was at work for the first 6 innings, so I basically had to rely on the game thread for information and details. How can anyone not be enjoying this? I hate the Cubs with a passion, and 2003 around this time was just awful. Now, the situations are reversed, and it makes it even sweeter (if that's possible). However, I don't think there's going to be thousands of fans watching the Sox games outside of the Cell while the game is going on. :P

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Yeah, I've got no doubts teams will be offering him a Richie Sexson like deal, and I was reading some rumors tonight about Detroit and even Minny (very unlikely) possibly getting into the bidding for him.

I'm fairly confident that PK won't sign with another AL Central team. He's a classy player, and if he leaves, I think it will either be for the Red Sox, Mets, Dodgers, or Angels.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
I'm fairly confident that PK won't sign with another AL Central team.  He's a classy player, and if he leaves, I think it will either be for the Red Sox, Mets, Dodgers, or Angels.

I think it's going to come down to the Angels, Dodgers, my wildcard team the Padres and us, JMHO. Paulie's said before he doesn't see himself on an East Coast Team.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
There are reports that he is looking to change his agent and ask to be traded from the Bo Sox. Independent of what happens this year with our Sox, I want to contend every year and not break this momentum.

We obviously have great pitching set for next year too (Buerhle, Count, Garland, Garcia, McCarthy to start and add El Duque to bullpen as set up man), and while our O has been game all playoffs, the Boston pitching is weak and I think we need to upgrade our O in the offseason.

How about trading for Manny Ramirez???? The guy would be a monster at the Cell and make us a legit contender again next year. We could play him at DH if Frank does not come back or if Frank does come back, then we play Manny at RF and put Dye either at 1B (and let Paulie go) or trade Dye away

Thoughts???

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...to_hasten_exit/

I just Manny is a prick

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox4: :chair :chair :fight :fight :lolhitting :lolhitting :cheers :snr

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
I think it's going to come down to the Angels, Dodgers, my wildcard team the Padres and us, JMHO. Paulie's said before he doesn't see himself on an East Coast Team.

hasn't pk said before that he will give the sox a discount, or was that said if they the sox extended his contract. i can't remember.

btw,

if the sox makes it to the ws, should the cell be open for any sox fan to come and watch the game.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
IIRC, in one of Phil Rogers articles this week, he was saying we should get about 2M from this series, 4M from the upcoming series, and 5M from the World Series if we make it.

I think most of that money will go into re-signing Konerko and the raises for Jon and A.J though. But it's good we'll see increases in ticket sales etc. hopefully as well. That can only help.

I read the article as well. He also wrote the Sox can make a total (or was it an additional?) $15-17 M when including concessions, parking, etc.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
Don't the Angels have Darin Erstad with another year on his contract? Granted, he sucks, but it's still a good amount of money to have sitting on your bench.

EDIT: This is re: the PK discussion.

Right now the Angels have players in Erstad, Juan Rivera, Casey Kotchman etc. who aren't good contribute the offensive numbers that Konerko would put up.

Granted they should just let Kotchman DH if Anderson is going to play the field, but they do need another power bat in there besides Vlad.

Erstad's OPS is pretty terrible for a 1B as well.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Don't the Angels have Darin Erstad with another year on his contract? Granted, he sucks, but it's still a good amount of money to have sitting on your bench.

EDIT: This is re: the PK discussion.

Yeah, Erstad has only 1 good year

:crying :drink :cheers :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2: :fight :fight :fight :chair :chair :lolhitting :snr :canada

Say no to Manny. Konerko is the face of the White Sox now. If he can hit HR's in the ALCS & the WS the Sosa-starved bopper fans will flock to Konerko. He's the best chance to grow the fan base out from under the shadows of the Cub. I think the White Sox know this as well. More Chicagoans identify with Konerko than any other player on both teams. He speaks the language well ;)

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Say no to Manny.  Konerko is the face of the White Sox now.  If he can hit HR's in the ALCS & the WS the Sosa-starved bopper fans will flock to Konerko.  He's the best chance to grow the fan base out from under the shadows of the Cub.  I think the White Sox know this as well.  More Chicagoans identify with Konerko than any other player on both teams.  He speaks the language well ;)

If Konerko can come through in the clutch in the ALCS and then even the (I ain't typing it)... then I can agree with you. But not yet. Not quite yet.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Garland and Pierzynski get raises. We have 3 OF's already. Way more likely that Konerko gets re-signed before we trade for Manny. I doubt Manny's going anywhere anyways, unless Omar Minaya suddenly decides Carlos Beltran is expendable.

Much as people bash Konerko I think he's proven himself many times over in the second half and so far in the playoffs. f*** this s***bag Ramirez.......let the Spankees have him.