• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Leaving here at 3.. there by 4ish.

Do you take 55 to the Dan Ryan? I usually get off on Ashland/Damen, and cut through the neighborhood...but they tore up a bridge and f***ed everything up. Does anyone have any good routes?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
Do you take 55 to the Dan Ryan?  I usually get off on Ashland/Damen, and cut through the neighborhood...but they tore up a bridge and f***ed everything up.  Does anyone have any good routes?

I'm coming from work so I'm taking the Ike to the Ryan getting off at 31st and pulling into B... then walking over to Jimbo's. Easier for after also since the traffic will be a mess getting out of there it's a short walk back to the car after Jimbo's. And for those that don't know.. you can leave your car in the lots up to 2 hours after the game ends.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
I really dont understand it either.  Im usually a wreck when playoffs are involved.  I chewed my nails to a stump when the Sox were playing the Indians in the last 3 games of the season, and i was nervous as hell when Game 1 started.  But it seems like this strange euphoria has set over me. I havent been worried about what is happening at all.

Of course, if the Sox drop one, this is all subject to change.

I'm the same way right now.

All three games of the ALDS I was a nervous wreck from about noon until the last out.

QUOTE(S720 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
What are you talking about?  Man, I forgot to TIVO the first game of the ALDS, and after we won that game, I DID NOT DARE TIVOing the other two games.  Baseball is full of superstitions, curses, jinxes, etc.

I'm as, if not more, superstitous as the next guy. 'Cuz I was gonna be at work on Tuesday I programmed the VCR to record the game. Even though I was home for Game 2 I programmed the VCR to record Game 2. I had a wedding to go to on Friday so of course I programmed the VCR to record Game 3.

When I arrived home I found the VCR did not record Game 3 or anything else. I thought, damn I'm glad I didn't jinx them! lol

That's not going to stop me for tonight though, as soon as I get home I'm programming the VCR....why mess with a good thing.

FYI, I set the VCR to record at 2:30 am instead of PM, that's why it didn't record on Friday. I would've loved to rewatch Duque's masterfull 6th innning performance. Oh well.........

:gosoxretro: