This thread only for optimists

sin city sox fan

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
A loss tonight and I will be in full panic mode. But even that won't be too bad. This team has been a pleasure to watch for most of the season, and with maybe one of two slight roster moves (and all it really needs is a return of a BIG bat), and we will be pretty dang special nex year.

This is absolutely the same way I'm thinking now. As someone who took every loss during the regular season rather hard, I find myself very calm now. One roster move that has to be made is to find a number 3 hitter.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:38 AM)
Bottom line, they need to execute better, which I think they all understand after tonight...

There are 7 to play and we weren't going to win them all...

So true. It's a seven game series, and your not going to win them all.

The upside of this loss, is that the White Sox know why they got beat. They simply didn't execute. In this series the team the executes best will win.

It's not like they played a perfect game and then lost a heartbreaker on a walk-off homer. They didn't. They had plenty of opportunties and didn't get it done.

I feel like this team always rebounds after it realizes that they weren't playing their game well.

Beside, I would still rather be in the Sox position with my starting pitching in good shape and rested than the Angels whose rotation is a bit of a mess. There will be more opportunities, the Sox just need to play smart.

They didn't play smart last night.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
If we win tonight, I will be O.K. and comfy.

A loss tonight and I will be in full panic mode. But even that won't be too bad. This team has been a pleasure to watch for most of the season, and with maybe one of two slight roster moves (and all it really needs is a return of a BIG bat), and we will be pretty dang special nex year.

But for the remainder of this year, I still think we have a heck of a shot at the AL title. The World Series...well...the Cardinals scare the crap out of me.

Agreed on both parts. And I'm also just happy that we beat the Red Sox, so I won't have that shoved in my face.

Here's some positives....

I thought Pods looked like he got his best jump in awhile on the pitch out steal. He almost got in there even with the pitch out.

Contreras is still looking solid. I know the pessimists are waiting for him to falter, but he really figured something out and he is dealing!

Cotts was typical of what we've seen of him. Lights out.

Bullpen was saved.

There were some fundamental mistakes, but those can and will be corrected. This was not as hard of a loss to swallow, cause it wasn't a shalacking, we just got out executed and out played. It will happen in the playoffs, you just have to make sure it happens more to your opponent than to you. We'll get em tonight!!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
Agreed on both parts.  And I'm also just happy that we beat the Red Sox, so I won't have that shoved in my face.

We should've know they weren't going to win last nigth...they just can't win 9 in a row. Hopefully they have one more 8 game winning streak in them.

:gosoxretro:

-Of course they're going to lose some. If they were to go undefeated in the playoffs all the way they would have won 16 in row, dating back to the regular season. Let's be real.

-Contreras was still solid. At one point retiring 11 in a row. He should be rearing to go for Game 5.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Here's some positives....

I thought Pods looked like he got his best jump in awhile on the pitch out steal.  He almost got in there even with the pitch out.

I thought the same. Plus, Molina has a great arm, and for it to be that close with Molina's arm and the pitchout, it looks pretty good.